Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times

Advertisements

I shave my legs and underarms every single day. I just hate the little bit of stubble you feel and also, I just feel cleaner! If I just took my shower each day and didn't shave, I'd feel like something was wrong LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 10:57 AM

1,684 posts, read 3,954,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
You ladies may complain about shaving, but let me tell you we men shaving our face(s) is really a pain in the ass. You can't just slap a bit of creme or soap on (like my wife does on her... parts). First you prep, then you lather, then you wait, then you shave, then apply aftershave. Every day, for most of us. And I can't recall my wife ever nicking her legs, armpits, or, y'know, other spots , but I'll come away more often than not as such.

I don't know about that!!! I have to put heavy duty lotion on my legs in the winter every morning and only shave 1-2 times a week and still it looks like I'm slaughtering beef in the tub. I cannot shave my legs without at least 1 nick!!!!!!!!!!!

Armpits every morning, legs in the non-winter months 2-3 times a week, winter TRY for 2 times, usually 1 time a week. Did have my legs waxed several years ago but when I moved, can't find a place that does a good job, the place I went to in Atlanta, they'd be bare smooth for at least 8 weeks, then if I had it done again it would last 10-12 weeks, and the hairs were a lot thinner and saw bald patches. BUt since its' been a couple of years - not so bald!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times
I havent shaved my pits or legs for about 20 yrs.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times
Quote:
You ladies may complain about shaving, but let me tell you we men shaving our face(s) is really a pain in the ass. You can't just slap a bit of creme or soap on (like my wife does on her... parts). First you prep, then you lather, then you wait, then you shave, then apply aftershave. Every day, for most of us. And I can't recall my wife ever nicking her legs, armpits, or, y'know, other spots , but I'll come away more often than not as such.
Oh no, believe me, the "other spots" CAN and DO get nicked and yikes ...well let me just say that most women will only be careless enough for that to happen ONE TIME!

Also, the knees, shins (if your shin bone is prominent), back of the leg near the ankle, behind the knee... all of those areas are nick prone and despite being ultra careful, despite having the best quality razors, and despite having been shaving since I was ELEVEN (some older boy told me I should so I did, dummy)... I still cut myself at least every other time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiwuwig View Post
I am Asian too.

Most girls here don't need to shave them. Actually
I've always heard that ethnic background has a lot to do with it. I'm German and a mix of other stuff, including a little Native American.. but the German seems to be the strongest. I am plagued by crazy-growing leg hair. Always have been. If I leave it be I can have legs that look like my 16 year old son's within a week or too. It sucks.

My girlfriend, however, is Spanish and Native American (much higher "percentage" of NA, more recent in her background than me) and she literally has NO leg hair... aside from a tiny little barely visible strip that runs up her shin and only has to be dealt with about 3x a year. It is soooooo not fair, especially since she's the type who wouldn't care if she was hairy, but no, not a hair on her legs at all.

I think it's the NA heritage. I knew a guy like that, he was half Cherokee, not a hair on his body, chest or otherwise, but long gorgeous hair on his head.

Personally, I shave whenever the mood hits me. Or not. This can be weekly or it can be a month or so. If it bothers me, I shave. If I'm planning on wearing skirts or shorts, I shave. In the winter when I wear pants and jeans a lot, I don't bother until I look down and am bothered by what I see. :::shrug::::

Old 10-10-2008, 01:33 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
Underarms everyday, legs I can get away with over a week. I barely see my leg hair, I just feel them after a while.

I do the same thing! Underarms everyday and usually at least 4 or 5 days before I shve my legs. My hair on my legs is so thin you can barley see it anyway. I only and always wear pants. When and I do wear a skirt or a dress of course I shave.

Last edited by Cindy15161; 10-10-2008 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 10-10-2008, 01:40 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Everyday. Not a hairy person, but it bugs me if my skin is not silky smooth and stubble starts to appear.
Smooth legs AND a Jeep......paradise.......

Old 10-11-2008, 08:19 PM

7 posts, read 47,663 times
Quote:
I'm sure women have just as much trouble shaving their "parts". But I normally have a beard because I hate shaving (and the soft fur covering feels good). I keep it trimmed very short and and shave the cheeks and neck. But those parts don't cause razor burn. I don't shave along the jawline or under the chin as those are the irritating areas.

However, I do occasionally shave my entire face, maybe once a month just so I can give it a good washing. I've found a pretty simple method that works for me. I just shower first. By the time I'm done washing and rinssing, my face and facial hair are nice and softened up. Combining that with some shaving cream and shaving isn't that big a deal. I seem incapable of doing it without somehow getting one minor nick somewhere but that's only when I do a full shave. I have tried once or twice to shave without taking a shower first and that is not a sight you'd want to see.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:46 PM

197 posts, read 734,806 times
Paul Bunyan, such a SEXY name. Dee-lish-us.

When I'm ready to be in girl-mode again, I shave my face, neck, hands, feet, arms, armpits, chest, belly and legs. Everything except for the face I shave with just warm water and a Mach-3 (spelling?) razor.

I better be careful here, someone's going to accuse me of flirting.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 AM

436 posts, read 1,348,005 times
I had my underarms lasered last year so I touch them up once a week or so. I shave my legs, etc. every other day unless I'm at the beach when it's daily or less often in the winter when I get lazier about it. I have had leg and bikini waxes when I'm about to vacation at the beach although the growing out period isn't all that fun and the procedure is somewhat painful. Maybe I should find a new wax lady!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:30 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Depends..
Legs, probably every week or two. I only shave up to the knee.
Underarms as needed. As soon as I notice the deodorant isn't working right, or it feels sticky I shave. If I notice stubble, it goes. I'd have to say every few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty