U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 PM

137 posts, read 621,270 times

Advertisements

It appears tights are in again this fall..? Don’t know about you, I hate wearing tights! With the weather starting to get chili, I am seeing them everywhere. What are the best tights for the price that will last more than one evening? One of my girlfriends said she got a pair at H&M for $5.00. Any other suggestions? Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 PM

6,262 posts, read 17,582,285 times
if you hate tights, why are you wanting to buy them? You don't have to follow any fashion trend. You can set your own trend.
I, on the other hand, love tights. But then I'm one of the people here who loves wearing pantyhose
Tights are great!! I've never been a leggings fan but tights make the legs shapely, keep you warm, you can wear them under anything!! I will wear tights under a long shirt or short dress instead of pants. Tights are cool.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry2 View Post
It appears tights are in again this fall..? Don’t know about you, I hate wearing tights! With the weather starting to get chili, I am seeing them everywhere. What are the best tights for the price that will last more than one evening? One of my girlfriends said she got a pair at H&M for $5.00. Any other suggestions? Thank you

Old 10-01-2008, 06:51 PM

15,568 posts, read 37,068,393 times
Tights and pantyhose ... two things that make me go

Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 PM

5,224 posts, read 13,716,982 times
Me, too! They are soooooo uncomfortable! You DON'T have to wear them!!!! And if you have any "cottage cheese" on your legs or butt-- NEVER, EVER wear shiny tights!!! It will only emphasize the irregularities of your legs!

Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 PM

6,262 posts, read 17,582,285 times
LOL@you ladies!! They aren't uncomfortable if you buy the correct size. I never even know I have mine on. As for shiny.uh....neither my panty hose or tights are shiny

Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 PM

1,683 posts, read 7,642,504 times
Tights are Waaay too hot to wear in Florida!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,868,058 times
Tights less than $5 are not tights, but stockings [not made well]. Good tights will go for at least $20 and can be worn multiple times. I like crazy tights with designs. AlexBlake or Nordstrom, as well as many other stores carry pretty tights. Yes, tights come by height and size, so get fit properly and you won't have the issue of tights slipping down your hips.

There was a store in Grand Central in NYC, I can't think of the name, but I loved stopping by and checking out their tights.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM

702 posts, read 2,086,630 times
Are you talking about tights, as in stockings? Just the other day I saw some packages of pantyhose at a store and wondered if women still wear them. Such an impractical, uncomfortable, and wasteful clothing accessory. Two or three wears and you're guaranteed a tear or snag. Into the trash.

I bought a pair of novelty stockings a couple years ago (for fun) - I bought the XXL fat lady size because I'm tall (not fat). When I got home and tried them on they didn't even stretch up past my mid-thighs. What a joke! I called the store to complain and they refused my request for a refund or exchange because I had opened the package. Pissed, I cut the legs off and wore them on my arms to make my own fashion statement.

Like the others have stated, why would you wear something you don't like? Because everyone else is? Baaaaa.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM

161 posts, read 507,163 times
lol, i never thought tights went out of style! i have worn them for years with knee length wool skirts and sweaters. donna karan makes a nice pair of tights that dont bind and hold up really well.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM

631 posts, read 1,716,457 times
Don't like pantyhose but I love me some tights! Happy that they are back in fashion again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty