Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:15 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times

Advertisements

Not sure where to start. I'm 25, professional male slim/tall and I have a habit of color coding my shoe purchases according to what shirts/pants/shorts I have. I know have over 200 pair of shoes, 70 dress/130 tennis (Pumas and ASICS only). Most of these have been purchased in the last six months. I tend to go for the Euro style of dress when not at work and the shoes have to be original in color or somewhat weird or rare.

So this chick I've been recently hanging out with came over to my place and happened to see my second room which is where I organized my sneakers. She then blurted out " I knew it!". I then ask to what is she referring to which she replied "I knew there was a flaw, you're gay aren't you?" Shocked by what she said, I just sort of took it in, she then began to go on and on about how abnormal its is for a guy to dress the way I do and have a wardrobe such as I do. I have never been more disappointed by such generalizations as I were by her remarks. Funny thing is, my coworker and good friend is gay and has not nearly a complete wardrobe as myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 11:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
no it means that you admire imelda marcos alot.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:29 PM

1,006 posts, read 735,201 times
Good one, but I'm not greedy just like my shoes.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
How did you not blurt out: "You are a stupid twit!"

I think I may of blurted: (to you) "The first step is to admit you have a problem..."

Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
could be worse......you could be gay with no shoes.......

Old 08-03-2009, 12:34 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I like a man who is in command of his wardrobe! She was an idiot!

Old 08-03-2009, 01:33 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
Not sure where to start. I'm 25, professional male slim/tall and I have a habit of color coding my shoe purchases according to what shirts/pants/shorts I have. I know have over 200 pair of shoes, 70 dress/130 tennis (Pumas and ASICS only). Most of these have been purchased in the last six months. I tend to go for the Euro style of dress when not at work and the shoes have to be original in color or somewhat weird or rare.

So this chick I've been recently hanging out with came over to my place and happened to see my second room which is where I organized my sneakers. She then blurted out " I knew it!". I then ask to what is she referring to which she replied "I knew there was a flaw, you're gay aren't you?" Shocked by what she said, I just sort of took it in, she then began to go on and on about how abnormal its is for a guy to dress the way I do and have a wardrobe such as I do. I have never been more disappointed by such generalizations as I were by her remarks. Funny thing is, my coworker and good friend is gay and has not nearly a complete wardrobe as myself.
I have always said that if a guy has more shoes the most women then he must be gay or at least bisexual. Maybe drag queen!
Why be so offended? You are not your typical man with limited interest in clothing and shoes, so people is going to ask? Get used to it.
I work with several gay men and they are all really into shoes and clothing and fashion. Thats just how it is.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM

34 posts, read 187,223 times
if i could afford to buy that many shoes! I would also have a big collection! She's just jealous you have more shoes than her!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:13 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
She is just immature...or one of those that is always looking for what is wrong.

I think my husband has more shoes, and definitely more clothes than I. His closet is completely organized into work clothes and free time clothes (I wont call them casual because many of them are not!). There are just men who pay more attention to their appearances than most, and I consider that a good thing!!! Very small minded to just assume it has anything to do with your sexual orientation.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM

89 posts, read 143,071 times
Nothing wrong with being metrosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty