Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:51 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,609,958 times

Advertisements

I'm a size 10-12 and wear appropriate clothing that covers any possible thing that might be going on underneath. I'm Puerto Rican, so I have curves, and luckily the man I'm dating happens to like women with meat on their bones.

Now here's something people don't think about. I've been skinny. If I drop below a size 8 I start to look anorexic and my ribs will show. This is mainly because I am big boned and muscular. Does this mean I'm now considered obese because in some stores my clothing would be considered plus size?

And yes women should wear clothing that fits properly and not have bumps and jiggles hanging out. I immediately change if something looks off on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 07:00 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
I'm a size 10-12 and wear appropriate clothing that covers any possible thing that might be going on underneath. I'm Puerto Rican, so I have curves, and luckily the man I'm dating happens to like women with meat on their bones.

Now here's something people don't think about. I've been skinny. If I drop below a size 8 I start to look anorexic and my ribs will show. This is mainly because I am big boned and muscular. Does this mean I'm now considered obese because in some stores my clothing would be considered plus size?

And yes women should wear clothing that fits properly and not have bumps and jiggles hanging out. I immediately change if something looks off on me.
What looks "off" to one man can drive another bonkers.... Just saying

Old 07-01-2012, 07:49 PM

943 posts, read 1,844,634 times
Quote:
I was a size 10 in these pictures. So you're saying I'm fat here? I know a lot of people who would disagree with you.

if that is really you LOL

but if it is i guess the designer has a different sizing pattern ro vintage clothing. . I know the size chart in the use has changed drastically. and now the add of -0 - 0 -2-4 were not aroun

Old 07-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post

but if it is i guess the designer has a different sizing pattern ro vintage clothing. . I know the size chart in the use has changed drastically. and now the add of -0 - 0 -2-4 were not aroun
Yes that's really me. Why would it be hard to believe I would post pictures of myself?

The thing is, here's what people forget.

A size 10 can fit the following:

A girl who is 5'3 and 175
a girl who is 5'7 and 130
a girl who is 5'10 and 155

Now notice the varying weights and heights. The main thing is it all depends on how you carry your weight. One can be a size 10 and be sloppy while another can be size 10 and be in shape. Therefore automatically saying everyone who is a size 10 is fat is wrong, as I've just proved otherwise with my pictures.

I'll be more to happy to post more if you still want to think they're not me. The one in my profile was taken 6 weeks ago.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Yes that's really me. Why would it be hard to believe I would post pictures of myself?

The thing is, here's what people forget.

A size 10 can fit the following:

A girl who is 5'3 and 175
a girl who is 5'7 and 130
a girl who is 5'10 and 155

says who? btw I would be careful posting photos of yourself on here someone can use them for OTHER bad ill.......like prostitution ads. and its happened to many

i know for me. I dont take the same size for every designer each one has a different cut and its annoying same now with bras.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
says who? btw I would be careful posting photos of yourself on here someone can use them for OTHER bad ill.......like prostitution ads. and its happened to many

i know for me. I dont take the same size for every designer each one has a different cut and its annoying same now with bras.
Visiting: Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like is a great way to see the variations on the same weight/height/size.

There is no relationship between weight and size.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:

OH I see what you mean. Yeah I'll go see if I can still edit the post.

Don't get me started on bras. I wear a 36C or a 38C and sometimes a 36D depending and I have a hell of a time just finding one let alone finding one I want to wear. But that's another subject.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Visiting: Welcome - My Body Gallery - What Real Women Look Like is a great way to see the variations on the same weight/height/size.

There is no relationship between weight and size.

come on. any one can fugde there info.

i put my hight an weight in an the people looked NOTHING LIKE or even CLOSE to what i look like.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
come on. any one can fugde there info.

i put my hight an weight in an the people looked NOTHING LIKE or even CLOSE to what i look like.
Only 1 looked close on mine.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:30 PM

403 posts, read 867,404 times
Quote:

You realize we could think the same of your posting boasting a bikini body where you could be 400lbs. Stop being rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty