Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:24 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
The bottoms at mine are always dated. A&F shorts from three summers ago? Faded pink camo capris? Pleeeeeease.
There you go. It's not just my imagination!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 AM

2 posts, read 10,813 times
i luv the clothes!!! And they're all for such a great price!!! I bought several bags of things there for like maybe $50 - $60 !!! totally luv that place!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 10,813 times
and wow!!! The shorts r soooo hot there! Especially on me! lol... well , gtg..

Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
I bought a nice pair of heels in there one time and I think that was the first time I had been in the store and low and behold went back in with some clothes to sell and they told me people dont wear pleats anymore . excuse me go talk to jc pennys cause there were plenty of teen girls in there buying pleated skirts . The girl had an attitude and excuse me im italian and in the italian culture we dont speak to adults the way I was spoken too . Had my child ever spoken to an adult like that she would be wearing a bar of soap in btwn her lips regardless of her age . This child was all of 17 and you could tell she was raised poorly by her language and her attitude and the way some of these young people are dressed I would not let them in my store . They looked like they had just attended a rave . Im so in awe of myself that I managed to raise two fine young men in this culture which are well spoken and well educated and know their place when they are in my presence and I hope when they are not in my presence they are just as well behaved . I discourage people from going into platos closet when they employees surely do not know who butters their bread !!!!

Old 08-04-2010, 06:18 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Huh, I never tried to get money for the stuff I've worn million of times, I just gave it away...on the other hand, I bought some really cute stuff at Plato's closet just the other day in a very good almost brand new condition (some even still had old tags on them/never been worn) for dirt cheap.
I'm having trouble to believe someone would complain that they didn't get enough money for the stuff they have already worn.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:50 PM

1 posts, read 5,013 times
also make sure when you guy in there you dress really nice & don't look like you just came off the street, don't bring in a huge bag of clothes that's def a sign you are just trying to make money *even if you are* I've found that bringing in a few items (really clean on hangers in a brand name bag) helps the person feel like the clothes are worth something more than just junk in a bag! good luck!

Old 12-12-2010, 06:52 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I know my kids have both bought and sold things there. It seems to me that Plato's Closet must be buying a lot from somebody, or they wouldn't have enough product to sell.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Do you have a Buffalo Exchange by you? I have had good luck there. You get 50% cut if you get a store credit but if you want cash it's 35%...which I know isn't great but it's better than bringing them to goodwill and getting nothing for them. Plus, Buffalo has a lot of cool stuff...b/c I mean the idea is to sell it, so they are picky with what they take and therefore are picky with what is being sold to you.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:38 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,351,327 times
Had a bad experience there too. I had already read tons of reviews online (almost all of them bad), but i thought i'd give it a try anyway. I dont know where they get all the clothes from - since it seems that everyone complains that they dont take their clothes!!

I had a box of jeans, all brand new - clean and folded, all different styles (all current). They took none.

I found a consignment store near me that took them... they are also picky, but at least it seems like they are actually looking for clothes to sell!!

Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Had a bad experience there too. I had already read tons of reviews online (almost all of them bad), but i thought i'd give it a try anyway. I dont know where they get all the clothes from - since it seems that everyone complains that they dont take their clothes!!

I had a box of jeans, all brand new - clean and folded, all different styles (all current). They took none.

I found a consignment store near me that took them... they are also picky, but at least it seems like they are actually looking for clothes to sell!!
I see you are from salem, NJ- not sure where that is...but which Buffalo did you go to? I go to the Brooklyn one. I always make out well there buying and selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty