Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,382,704 times

Advertisements

Actually, it's the beidge and pret-a-porter lines, which are more accessible where designers make their money. Haute couture is usually a money loser, but it gets people in the door to buy other items.

And, for some materials and hand finishing, they articles are not overpriced because of the hours of craftsmanship that has gone into producing that garment. And, if it's made in the US or Europe, add to that higher labor costs, which factors into the price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 06:47 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
But I turn my nose up at "fashion". I see no reason to pay for overpriced items.
That's fine, no one is stating that you have to actually spend $$$. This thread was clearly a "pretend" thread.

If you can't pretend, why post in a thread that has no relevance to you?

Old 10-15-2008, 07:25 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The initial post was not specifically about "smart fashion".

The OP's first initial post stated:

Your reply didn't answer the OP's questions.

I have no issues with purchasing second hand items, but why bother posting in a thread that specifically dicusses spending money? This thread was not about "How you would save money."

I already responded. I was #13. Sorry to disappoint you but I really don't spend money(unless we are building something).

Old 10-15-2008, 07:49 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I already responded. I was #13. Sorry to disappoint you but I really don't spend money(unless we are building something).
I saw your irrelevant post. You responded, but didn't answer the OP's questions. (I wonder how well you did in school...Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong point.)

So why post in a fashion forum about "pretending" to spend money on clothing and the like?!?!

If you're not into fashion, but you're into building, why not respond to questions in the Housing Forum???

I don't know jack about cooking, but I don't go into the Recipe Forum and give my .02

Old 10-15-2008, 10:11 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,378,931 times
Quote:
I saw your irrelevant post. You responded, but didn't answer the OP's questions. (I wonder how well you did in school...Clearly reading comprehension is not your strong point.)

So why post in a fashion forum about "pretending" to spend money on clothing and the like?!?!

If you're not into fashion, but you're into building, why not respond to questions in the Housing Forum???

I don't know jack about cooking, but I don't go into the Recipe Forum and give my .02
Wow, are you always so condescending, wake up on the wrong side of the bed or are you just "PMS" ing? If you are what fashion people are like than I am thankful I don't know you.

Maybe you should check out the cooking forums. You might learn something and your husband might appreciate it.

Enough said!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:15 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
why hijack a fun thread w/ your level headed thoughts. the thread was on pretending. can't you muster up some childhood fun and "pretend"?? what's happened? you're so grown up now that you can't have any fun? i hope that's some food for thought. lighten up, have a little fun. spend some pretend money. goodness gracious. don't take it all so serious.
Yeah, but, yeah, but, yeah, but...

That's what got us into the mess, spending all that pretend money.

Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Wow, are you always so condescending, wake up on the wrong side of the bed or are you just "PMS" ing? If you are what fashion people are like than I am thankful I don't know you.

Maybe you should check out the cooking forums. You might learn something and your husband might appreciate it.

Enough said!
Oh, heck with all of them, Lisa.

Let's go play in the dirt..

Old 10-15-2008, 01:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
That's fine, no one is stating that you have to actually spend $$$. This thread was clearly a "pretend" thread.

If you can't pretend, why post in a thread that has no relevance to you?

I said, that if I pretended I had $1000, I could replace my whole wardrobe...and have plenty left over. I couldn't see myself spending the whole $1000--and many of the other respondents couldn't either.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:48 PM

1,294 posts, read 6,484,865 times
i'm sorry i started this thread.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:51 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,097,058 times
Seems most Americans don't need more clothes. In this economic environment, I'd spend the $1,000 on frozen foods, canned foods, firewood, batteries for Coleman lights for when the power goes out during the winter, and keep a couple hundred in cash to stash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty