Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:02 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

Anyone know who makes or if its possible to find good old blue jeans that don't have spandex and aren't super lowcut? I'm a middle-aged, size 10 woman, who remembers when jeans felt great, not because they were super comfy, but because they actually held you in and you couldn't see pantylines, cellulite, saddle bags through them! Now, I swear if I could push and squeeze my pear shaped size 10 body into a size 4 pair of stretch/spandex jeans, an hour later they'd be baggy on me! I hate stretch jeans and thats ALL I can find. I also have a hard time finding higher waisted jeans. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:25 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
Man, I love stretch jeans. I have a pair of Guess jeans that are exactly as you describe - stiff, unbending, and never lose shape. I got 'em at Ross.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,923 times
Maja, I know that feeling. Can you get your jeans in the mens/boys department? I have better luck there. I hate it when they come up with something new and wonderful and that is all you can find, when you like the original better.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:11 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Anyone know who makes or if its possible to find good old blue jeans that don't have spandex and aren't super lowcut? I'm a middle-aged, size 10 woman, who remembers when jeans felt great, not because they were super comfy, but because they actually held you in and you couldn't see pantylines, cellulite, saddle bags through them! Now, I swear if I could push and squeeze my pear shaped size 10 body into a size 4 pair of stretch/spandex jeans, an hour later they'd be baggy on me! I hate stretch jeans and thats ALL I can find. I also have a hard time finding higher waisted jeans. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks.
Give me a high five! I'm with you on this jean thing. It drives me CRAZY trying to find good jeans. Those stretchy jeans are the most annoying jeans ever invented, it seems like I am always pulling them up. Then you have the low cut jeans, todays women do not care if their belly blobs over the top of their jeans. I don't like that, I like the high waisted jeans that hold everything in place. Jeans once were nice and soft and you could move in them without them losing their shape. BRING BACK THE OLD JEANS! Lee jeans were always a good stand by but they have stretch in most of them now. The ones without stretch are low rise or the leg style I don't care for. I just went jean shopping a few weeks ago and I tried on over 40 pair of jeans from 5 different stores and every single pair had some stretch in them. I ended up buying 3 pair all with that horrible stretch.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I've had good and bad stretch jeans. But I hear you on the low waist. No thanks. Been there, done that in the 70s.

What about Levi's? Have they messed with a good thing as well?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:22 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
What's your price point? Some of the premium denim brands offer rigid denim.

Otherwise I'd recommend the Gap men's jeans.

You might want to check out Zafu.com, but I found that it didn't work for me.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,065 times
I like both stretch jeans and low-waisted jeans. Then again, I have a great butt, legs and stomach so they look good on me.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:22 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Look for 100% Cotton. I have Seven for All Mankind's that are 100% Cotton and high wasted, I find them to be way more uncomfortable than the ones with 1-2% stretch. If you're buying jeans with more than 1-2% stretch, that's the problem, it's too much and they will really stretch out. I buy mine a size down and they fit perfectly after they're broken in for a day.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Ok---I USED to hate them, too, until I discovered...wait for it... a BELT!!! It will make all the difference in how those jeans feel! Mine used to start slipping down on my (I don't have large hips to hold them up!!!) and would sag in the bottom, while constricting on my thighs! With a belt, the jeans stay where they belong! No sliding, so sagging.....You just have to find the right fit for your body. But do try a belt--it makes all the difference in comfort!

Old 10-22-2008, 09:36 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Any stretch jeans should have weight to the fabric and you wont see that crap. Plus its not a sin to get in shape a bit. But anyway levi's carries a mixed variety of them and you can shop by the waist cut directly from their site.

Look for 100% cotton

And skip the men's jeans unless you are built strait. They make you look fatter than you are because of the way its cut. (strait for men rather than tailored to curves)

Also you may want to check out SPANX control wear. For jeans and other outfits.

Dont forget you have to buy different kinds of panties for different types of outfits.
They make no line panties. The Calvin K. ones are great.
I love the jeans low cut but I could really do with less stretch too. They just dont hold thier life like cotton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty