Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 09:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,622,386 times

Advertisements

I love that type of glasses My bf looks quite a bit like buddy holly and he wears the black on top, wire on bottom glasses and looks great!

I wear cat eyes too, bought a vintage pair from the 40's and had my eyeglass people put in my prescription lenses. Contacts irritate my eyes, so glasses is all I have. I guess that comes under the heading of 'do what makes you happy, regardless of if it's stylish or fashionable'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Are we talking about regular glasses or sunglasses? I always gravitate toward big black Jackie-O type sunglasses. Currently I am alternating between a pair of Versace and a pair of Chanel sunglasses. With black hair, ya gotta have black glasses!

Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 PM

197 posts, read 734,773 times
Where my wife, son and I went for chili yesterday, there was a chick there that had those skinny rimmed 'librarian' glasses, and she acted like she was the best thing since sliced bread. Wasn't very talkative, and everytime she said something she said it quietly and pronounced everything crisply, and finished with a smirk on her face. Pfft.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:13 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,590,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransientTranny View Post
Where my wife, son and I went for chili yesterday, there was a chick there that had those skinny rimmed 'librarian' glasses, and she acted like she was the best thing since sliced bread. Wasn't very talkative, and everytime she said something she said it quietly and pronounced everything crisply, and finished with a smirk on her face. Pfft.

Well, I wasn't going to say it, but those glasses seem to be very popular with the Starbucks "latte sipping" types. Maybe the glasses make them feel smarter?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

412 posts, read 1,751,702 times
Large black sunglasses can look great if they complement your face. For a while on the first page it seemed like you were taking about Rayband Wayfarers, which are quite small, why they show your eyebrows :O! LOL, I wear alot of sunglasses but right now I've been wearing very light pink round Chole's.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:55 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,641,594 times
You know what they say, everything old is new again! I say when in Rome do as the Romans LOL I have a couple of pairs of the bigger glasses, they are not the huge bug eye ones though and no, not everyone can get away with wearing them. Some women who have tiny faces wear them and they have no clue that they look like a giant fly! LOL

Old 10-31-2008, 08:08 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
Those aren't as bad as the ones popular now that look like they came off the Starship enterprise.

Why do people think these are attractive?

Old 11-03-2008, 03:11 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,267,022 times
I agree. They are trendy though, I guess. My former boss used to wear a pair like that and she was beautiful. When she put them on, though, it made even her look rather homely. I remember thinking that if Kim couldn't "pull off the look" (and she couldn't IMO) then nobody should try it!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:52 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
They always remind me of Lisa Loeb. I guess they look okay on some women, but on a guy they just look nerdy IMO.
I have glasses like what's being discussed in this thread and I get complimented on them ALL THE TIME. Of course, it won't work for everyone but apparently it works for me.

Before this style became readily available I always wanted some cat eye frames with rhinestones.

I usually wear a subtle wire frame but this time around I decided hey, I have to wear glasses anyway (I have astigmatism, contacts are pricey!), might as well be obvious that I am WEARING GLASSES! I do wear contacts, just not all the time. For day to day activities I prefer glasses.

This is the general look I am shooting for and my style is similar:

http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgst4074...roe-poster.jpg

http://media.jackmyers.com/images/ki...angsness+1.jpg

They work well for me in that context.

Last edited by fierce_flawless; 11-04-2008 at 04:01 PM..

Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 AM

67 posts, read 304,877 times
Both my previous and current pair of glasses were/are black frames. I got a lot of compliments on them and I've been wearing glasses for over a decade. My last pair were black plastic from Wal-mart and these are my current ones.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty