Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Have you ever been with a woman who had a breast reduction? Or any other type of surgery where the scar was significant?

Was the scar a turn off or did you not care?

I'm looking for honest answers from you guys since men tend to be very visual when it comes to their libido.

I have a scar from my c-sections, but for some reason I don't think it's as significant as having 2 "anchor" style scars on my breasts.
Can't they tuck the scar in under the bottom? I don't think there is a ton of visible scarring from breat reduction or a tightening etc.

I've experienced some of this first hand (masectomy\tram flap) but might not be the best person to ask because I'm pretty easy going about certain things. It didn't bother me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
lol..... I think you are the one that needs to.

At least I am honest. Why should someone that doesn't want kids at this point in life and makes that clear at this point in his life be ridiculed for stating it?

He shouldn't. Even the OP wasn't offended.... lol. Give me a break.
I laughed b/c I knew where you were coming from.

But I'm talking purely aesthetic here. My original post has more to do with a woman's body having obvious scars and whether it would have an impact on your desire to be with her sexually.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:28 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times
Quote:
I laughed b/c I knew where you were coming from.

But I'm talking purely aesthetic here. My original post has more to do with a woman's body having obvious scars and whether it would have an impact on your desire to be with her sexually.
Thank you!

From a purely superficial standpoint... no, it would not bother me at all. Humans are flawed, it is to be expected and is no big deal. When you care for someone, you actually like those flaws.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:35 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I like it when women keep what they have.
Even if what they have is causing them extreme debilitating back and neck pain, to the point where they can't move without pain?

A friend of mine was in that situation - she couldn't even wear heavy coats in winter because of the added stress on her neck. She finally got her insurance company to pay for the surgery and she's in much better shape today. It was difficult surgery and had a long recovery period but the rewards were worth it for her. I doubt very much the scars bother either her, or her SO.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Even if what they have is causing them extreme debilitating back and neck pain, to the point where they can't move without pain?

A friend of mine was in that situation - she couldn't even wear heavy coats in winter because of the added stress on her neck. She finally got her insurance company to pay for the surgery and she's in much better shape today. It was difficult surgery and had a long recovery period but the rewards were worth it for her. I doubt very much the scars bother either her, or her SO.
I am being (partially) facetious. I love well-endowed women, but I do understand when their breasts cause such problems.......and no, the scars would not bother me.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:44 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times
Scars aren't a problem... it is when they sag....

Especially when they sag and you are young... WTF?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,083,846 times
Quote:
Have you ever been with a woman who had a breast reduction? Or any other type of surgery where the scar was significant?

Was the scar a turn off or did you not care?

I'm looking for honest answers from you guys since men tend to be very visual when it comes to their libido.

I have a scar from my c-sections, but for some reason I don't think it's as significant as having 2 "anchor" style scars on my breasts.
My ex wife had a breast reduction, and the kind of skin that doesn't lend to cutting. I didn't care. Now her hidden scars? That's another story!!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:07 PM

271 posts, read 1,061,248 times
I know you wanted men's opinion.......but im adding my 2 cents into the mix. I had a breast lift done 6mos ago and the scars are hardly noticeable, i also had a tummy tuck which also has a significant scar. i'm in my 40's and now have perky 20yr old breast and a flat tummy. If you are considering a breast reduction go for it, don't let the scar scare you from having it done..........it is sooooo worth it. Breast lift and reduction are done the same way and have the same scar and trust me they do fade quite well and the outcome is worth any scar it may leave behind.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
I'm having breast reduction surgery on December 1st and I'm so incredibly happy, I can't even begin to tell you! Hubby only wants what will make me happy and he's aware that there will be scars. I have one other really significant scar (I had a young hip replacement due to congenital hip dysplasia) and that doesn't bother him at all. He's not really that much into breasts - more into the backside and I've got what he likes there .

There's a book called When Less is More which is all about breast reduction surgery. It's out of print now, but I borrowed a copy from our local library. When that became overdue, I went onto Amazon and bought a used copy for a total of less than $6 (including shipping.) It tells you all about what to expect, what the procedure is like, what to expect with recovery, how your loved ones might feel about it, etc. I highly recommend it to anybody considering this procedure. The most interesting thing I read in there is that of all the plastic surgery procedures available, this one has the highest satisfaction rate despite the fact that also has the most visible scars.

Soon I'll go from a saggy, uncomfortable double D to a small C!! Christmas will come 3 weeks early for me (and insurance is paying due to the medical issues I've had due to their size and heaviness!)

Old 11-10-2008, 10:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Scarring after Breast Reduction - Santa Monica & Pasadena Women Learn More

You dont need to have the anchor scar:

"Lollipop Scars
The lollipop or keyhole scar technique is a relatively new and popular way to perform a full breast lift or reduction with less scarring than the anchor scar procedures. Also known as the "LeJour", "Vertical", or "short scar" techniques, this newer operation is performed by only a small percentage of surgeons. Dr. Stoker frequently performs the laser-assisted breast reductions or Laser Bra lifts using this short scar technique."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty