Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:22 AM

746 posts, read 2,175,601 times

Advertisements

I was just thinking of another benefit of Obama entering the White House. With his two young daughters entering the eye of the public, we've also seen a taste of the impact their wardrobe is having on society. We can count on Michelle to make sure that her children are tastefully clothed and everything they wear to be age-appropriate.
I have been disgusted by much of what has been available in the department stores for my own daughters to wear. Hopefully, now the stores will start stocking clothing inspired by what the first daughters are wearing! Finally, a hope for more age-appropriate clothing becoming available for girls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 AM

3,734 posts, read 4,545,485 times
I agree with you. How refreshing to see little girls dressed as little girls again, rather than hookers in training.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 AM

16 posts, read 46,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
I was just thinking of another benefit of Obama entering the White House. With his two young daughters entering the eye of the public, we've also seen a taste of the impact their wardrobe is having on society. We can count on Michelle to make sure that her children are tastefully clothed and everything they wear to be age-appropriate.
I have been disgusted by much of what has been available in the department stores for my own daughters to wear. Hopefully, now the stores will start stocking clothing inspired by what the first daughters are wearing! Finally, a hope for more age-appropriate clothing becoming available for girls!

I agree. My daughter is also named Malia. I have such a problem finding things that are not hanging off her hips, tight shirts, words on her butt. She's only 8 for crying out loud!

Old 11-12-2008, 10:16 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,043,217 times
I am so looking forward to watching the Obama family! I love them. They are classy and wholesome.

I am so glad that we had boys. I really feel for you parents with girls. If I had girls, I'd prolly sew her clothes myself and homeschool her. The trends today are scary, and just wrong, really.

My oldest son is in middle school and is having a hard time with girls. He's visually stimulated by all the bare flesh that's being pranced around him in those horrible skimpy outfits, he's a teenage male so it's totally normal for him to be. But, he says the girls are dirty and act slutty and he doesn't want to "catch whatever they have". He says that "they are all whores". It's so sad. I know they aren't "all whores" because I know some of them and their families... it's just the style and also the accepted behavior of young girls today. It's pathetic.

A lot of my relatives have been having babies lately, and they send out these pictures of their little baby girls in tube tops and bikini's. It grosses me out. They're still in diapers and already they're being dressed like sluts with their picture being put out all over the internet. Makes my stomach hurt.

It would be nice if more schools implemented school uniforms.... and I don't mean those Britney Spears ones - starchy white shirt, plaid skirt, etc. - which most men actually find "hot" or attractive, but honest, modest ones. We as the adults need to make the changes, and I don't see anything being done really. I mean, who buys these clothes for their daughters? It's sick.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:07 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
A bikini doesnt make you a ****. My god. I am not quite sure how words on your butt do either...

But anyway....
I do agree there are things out there that are just questionable because of cut and lengths.

But arent these just too cute?
S. Rothschild Little Girl Velvet Trim Wool Coat - Our Holiday Favorites Girls 2-6X - Kids - Macy's
Cinderella Little Girl Satin & Velvet Embroidered Dress - Our Holiday Favorites Girls 2-6X - Kids - Macy's

If I had a little girl I would get her princess stuff and tomboy stuff.(jeans and T-shirts)

I do hope you addressed your son's woman hating name calling and let him know the definition of *****.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
A bikini doesnt make you a ****. My god. I am not quite sure how words on your butt do either...

But anyway....
I do agree there are things out there that are just questionable because of cut and lengths.

S. Rothschild Little Girl Velvet Trim Wool Coat - Our Holiday Favorites Girls 2-6X - Kids - Macy's
Cinderella Little Girl Satin & Velvet Embroidered Dress - Our Holiday Favorites Girls 2-6X - Kids - Macy's

If I had a little girl I would get her princess stuff and tomboy stuff.(jeans and T-shirts)

I do hope you addressed your son's woman hating name calling and let him know the definition of *****.
That little coat is exactly my definition of adorable. I was lucky - I had a cousin whose mom spent a FORTUNE on her clothing. She was a year older than I so I got her handmedowns . . . my parents would never spend big bucks on kids' clothing but I was so so lucky . . . I had a blue coat very similar to that one from Macy's. Absolutely perfect!!! So glad my Aunt bought gorgeous stuff for her daughter!!!!

Little girls should dress appropriately and so much of what I see these days is downright nasty looking.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:08 PM

746 posts, read 2,175,601 times
While I agree that those outfits are cute, they are dressy clothes, not everyday/school clothes. It's not too hard to find these type of outfits. It's the everyday clothes that I am talking about. Anything the kids might find "cool" is not appropriate. It is possible to make clothes trendy without being skimpy or tacky but most stores don't carry many of these type of outfits. That is what I am hoping to see more of in stores. Clothes that a pre-teen can feel fashionable in and still keep Mom happy.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 PM

16 posts, read 46,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

But anyway....

No 8 year old should walk around with juicy written on her butt! My daughter just turned 8 and she's already 4'9" She looks like a supermodel. So size 6X won't work. I'm 5'11". Her father is 6'4". Finding little girl things that fit is a very hard job.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
I guess. I mean I do it as an adult and never look skanky ever...Juicy is a brand. I wouldnt wear that just because I think it looks tacky and stupid...LOL

I never saw a 4'9'' supermodel? (yes I am kidding with you)

But some stuff from macy's again thats not skanked up:
(swear I dont work for em..lol I just like the clothing )

Glimmer by JJ Basics Short-Sleeve Dress with Pockets - CUSTOMERS' TOP RATED Dresses - Juniors - Macy's

Soprano Printed Cap-Sleeve Dress - Prints Daytime Dresses - Juniors - Macy's
^ that with a cherry red tanktop or longsleeve T underneath

Just a couple. But you can find the stuff really easily...
I want to go shopping for you all now. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty