Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2008, 03:19 PM
MB2
 
Location: Sebastian/ FL
3,496 posts, read 9,431,077 times
Reputation: 2764

Advertisements

Well.....after looking at the picture, I have decided to look past of all the obvious.
Bikini, no bikini.....implants, no implants...age...all of that.
But....WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING TO HERSELF ?
She is starving herself, NO DOUBT!

I just have to urge to grab her, throw her into my car and either bring her to McDonalds, or the hospital !

 
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
 
1,367 posts, read 5,738,199 times
Reputation: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Why is it you always seem so sensible??? LOL!!!

I understand what you are saying. Heck, totally willing to concede if she is happy, then that is all that matters (TO HER). I just see the kids oogling her in those pictures and it seems she is being an exhibitionist. The fact that she looks gaunt - I don't care about that. I would think anyone walking around w/ an outfit like that on (wh/ truly - barely covers her mons pubens) is an exhibitionist - regardless of their body type. Now on a nude beach (wh/ this is obviously NOT) everyone is there dressed (or undressed) in the same manner and so no one is thinking about being proper. If she wanted to walk around on a nude beach or topless beach letting it all hang out - her business. But this is a public beach where the pictures clearly show others are covering up their "stuff" more appropriately. There are kids all over in those pictures!

We all have the right to make a fool of ourselves - even if it means we are self-actualizing, Hee Hee.

We all have the right to do what we feel like doing as long as it is not hurting someone else (or as long as it is legal). With kids around, tho, just seems unseemly to me.
Lol, I see your point now. I guess I am waaaay more liberal about what I think is/isn't appropriate for kids to see.

I do think it would be a sight to remember for anyone of any age though. When I'm that old, I will still remember that picture as a cautionary tale and always check myself before heading out, haha!
 
Old 12-06-2008, 03:59 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Reputation: 22752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Lol, I see your point now. I guess I am waaaay more liberal about what I think is/isn't appropriate for kids to see.

I do think it would be a sight to remember for anyone of any age though. When I'm that old, I will still remember that picture as a cautionary tale and always check myself before heading out, haha!
LOL! I can't get that picture out of my head!!! I was thinking about our last cruise . . . and the beach . . . and up popped that image of the gaunt ole gal w/ her implants and bikini!!! Dear me!!!

I so agree . . . everyone has the freedom to do/wear what they will . . . but I sure hope someone is around to make sure that I don't embarrass myself when I get that lady's age!!!
 
Old 12-08-2008, 12:05 PM
 
Location: South Bay Native
16,225 posts, read 27,413,619 times
Reputation: 31495
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL! I can't get that picture out of my head!!! I was thinking about our last cruise . . . and the beach . . . and up popped that image of the gaunt ole gal w/ her implants and bikini!!! Dear me!!!

I so agree . . . everyone has the freedom to do/wear what they will . . . but I sure hope someone is around to make sure that I don't embarrass myself when I get that lady's age!!!
I've already had this talk with my son - he has strict instructions to tackle me before I make my way out the front door in anything that would make me look that embarassing.
 
Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Reputation: 22752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I've already had this talk with my son - he has strict instructions to tackle me before I make my way out the front door in anything that would make me look that embarassing.
Yep, I showed mine this thread, LOL!!!
 
Old 12-08-2008, 02:55 PM
 
8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times
Reputation: 6366
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Having grown up in Europe, nudity doesn't bother me. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if some of the same folks who decried the whole Janet thing are sticking up for the anorexic, over tanned, barely covered granny. That's all. I also wonder if these folks would be as vigorously defending a fat woman in the same outfit. Somehow, I doubt it...
Nope. Because you can change fatness. You cant change old. There is no going back.
And as a personal belief i think once you hit you golden years you have the right to be as unconventional and free as you want with your remaining days. Basic social standards of not making fun of the elderly is what really amazes me here...Lack of it anyway.

Also the burden of what being fat puts on the planet is really shocking. Just the burden of normal eating is pretty shocking. But thats another thread/another forum.
 
Old 12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
 
3,872 posts, read 8,708,122 times
Reputation: 3163
thanks for proving my point.
 
Old 12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,879 posts, read 77,444,534 times
Reputation: 22752
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Nope. Because you can change fatness. You cant change old. There is no going back.
And as a personal belief i think once you hit you golden years you have the right to be as unconventional and free as you want with your remaining days. Basic social standards of not making fun of the elderly is what really amazes me here...Lack of it anyway.

Also the burden of what being fat puts on the planet is really shocking. Just the burden of normal eating is pretty shocking. But thats another thread/another forum.
Come on. Not making fun of the elderly? The woman went to great lengths to display herself so she would draw attention! When one draws attention to one's self - ESPECIALLY QUITE PURPOSEFULLY - then people are going to react according to their own ideals of propriety, modesty, beauty, etc. Take a look at those pictures! She is PREENING. Hey - if she is feeling all warm and fuzzy and self-actualized - HER BUSINESS!! But she was BEGGING for everyone on that beach to NOTICE HER - and thus - form an opinion.

Making fun of the elderly? How about - being appalled at 1. how unhealthy she looks (and that doesn't mean that one does not have sympathy!!! =but it is appalling to see someone so gaunt) and 2. how proud she seems to be of her emaciated body (when it looks like she is ill!!!) and 3. how much she seems to crave attention. That is not "making fun of the elderly!" That is simple incredulity!!!
 
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 AM
 
8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times
Reputation: 6366
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Come on. Not making fun of the elderly? The woman went to great lengths to display herself so she would draw attention! When one draws attention to one's self - ESPECIALLY QUITE PURPOSEFULLY - then people are going to react according to their own ideals of propriety, modesty, beauty, etc. Take a look at those pictures! She is PREENING. Hey - if she is feeling all warm and fuzzy and self-actualized - HER BUSINESS!! But she was BEGGING for everyone on that beach to NOTICE HER - and thus - form an opinion.

Making fun of the elderly? How about - being appalled at 1. how unhealthy she looks (and that doesn't mean that one does not have sympathy!!! =but it is appalling to see someone so gaunt) and 2. how proud she seems to be of her emaciated body (when it looks like she is ill!!!) and 3. how much she seems to crave attention. That is not "making fun of the elderly!" That is simple incredulity!!!
Haven't you ever seen and old naked lady? They all look like that or bags of wet paper.
 
Old 12-09-2008, 06:03 AM
 
8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times
Reputation: 6366
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
thanks for proving my point.
What was the point? Common sense of the unchangeable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top