Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 10:08 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times

Advertisements

Redheads, UNITE! I love my red hair! I have green eyes to go w/ it . . . and over the years, my hair has gotten even redder . . . I wanted bright red hair at five. I envied all the redheads I saw around me. I still stop and turn to see other redheads . . . I sometimes wonder what I will do when I get elderly . . . what color will I someday have to "settle" for? Probably a strawberry blonde!!!

All I know is . . . when I wake up in the morning and get the first glimpse of myself, I don't disparage over the extra pounds, cause the first thing I notice when I look in my mirror is my very cheerful, very bright RED HAIR!!! WHOO HOO!!! Just seeing it makes me feel happy! LOL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 02:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times
Well, anifani821 glad you can be sooo happy!! Redheads do need to unite after all they say we will be extinct in 20 years or something like that!!

I to worry about my hair changing and only because it just started this summer, those first gray hairs were . I just can't image my hair any other color, mine is more of a dark strawberry blonde.

Just to clarify my last posting I didn't go to Reno to be a HOOKER,. But, I did learn what some men think of redheads and that has carried on through life.

Reno was the next biggest city from my mountain lifestyle and up bringing. You could go to Reno in the 70's and get away with a lot at 18, drinking, gambling, dying your hair with out your mom knowing.

Do all those things your mom told you not to do!! This is no big deal now.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, anifani821 glad you can be sooo happy!! Redheads do need to unite after all they say we will be extinct in 20 years or something like that!!

I to worry about my hair changing and only because it just started this summer, those first gray hairs were . I just can't image my hair any other color, mine is more of a dark strawberry blonde.

Just to clarify my last posting I didn't go to Reno to be a HOOKER,. But, I did learn what some men think of redheads and that has carried on through life.

Reno was the next biggest city from my mountain lifestyle and up bringing. You could go to Reno in the 70's and get away with a lot at 18, drinking, gambling, dying your hair with out your mom knowing.

Do all those things your mom told you not to do!! This is no big deal now.
I envy your bravado and sense of adventure that took you to Reno!!! And we knew you weren't there to be a hooker!!! Hee Hee Hee!!!!

I, too, have read that redheads will become genetically extinct. That broke my heart. Surely not????

I can't imagine "me" w/o my red hair . . .

Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 AM

24 posts, read 88,962 times
I have been thinking of doing at home hair coloring for my gray hair, but i'm a bit scared since my hair is so thin, afraid it will all fall out. Is there a good one to try that anyone can let me know about?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleflower View Post
I have been thinking of doing at home hair coloring for my gray hair, but i'm a bit scared since my hair is so thin, afraid it will all fall out. Is there a good one to try that anyone can let me know about?
Maybe you should start with shopping for conditioning treatments and scalp treatments to improve the health of your hair first. I think the most gentle one I used was hydrience. It covers grey too. Watch out when buying because some brands/types don't cover grey.

Hydrience Hair Color 3-Step Crème Moisturizing System

But get a good shampoo and conditioner for color. Drugstore price level I always like loreal's shampoo and conditioners for colored hair.And just a tip..go one shade lighter or the same shade. Do not get extreme or dark. It ages the face.

If you want to do brown that wash out Manic Panic has temp browns that are VERY gentle to the hair. :

Manic Panic Products

Ignore the extreme colors..lol

But you want:
Nefertitiâ„¢ Complete Coloring Box Kit
Cobraâ„¢ Complete Coloring Box Kit
(bottom of page)

If you are going for browns. I personally like the red but they can be too bright on a base thats a lot of grey or light hair.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:12 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleflower View Post
I would never use (or recommend) an 'at home hair color' for thinning hair. Just go have it done the right way...by a cosmotologist at a salon. All over color is not expensive.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:13 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

I can't go a few months w/o fresh haircolor. I put my color on every four to five weeks.
Mine is blonde and I also reapply every 4-5 weeks. You know how when you use a different shampoo... your hair responds better? I have found if I skip around and use different brands of hair color that it works better for me.

Also, I have found as I get older, I have to leave the color on a bit longer than I used to. I'm assuming that under the blonde are gray hairs that are harder to color.

Old 01-14-2009, 02:19 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
All over color is not expensive.
I think I would disagree with this. At the salon I go to, a basic single processed dye job starts at $50 and can go up to $105. If you have to do that every 5 weeks, that's some $$.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,330 times
Default It happened to me too!!!

I used L'Oreal 4a to darken my hair from natural light brown to dark brown, and it all washed out in about...maybe 4 weeks. I followed all the instructions, and right after I had it colored I went to see a professional to check on the job I've done, and she said it looked like natural, and that I did a great job. But now my hair is back to it's natural color, and I find it very weird. The color came out on the towels every time I washed my hair and now I am light brown again. My husband is disappointed because he really liked the color. I googled to see if anybody else had the same problem, and I run into this forum.

I have no idea if it's my hair or the product. I used permanent color and I am used with coloring hair, I did that many times for my mom. It's just so weird. I might need to go to a professional and try it again.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,883,835 times
Hmmm...

I've never had that happen to me before. I would call the company.

Turned to pink on the towel, ?! YIKES!! I'd be worried that it would turn pink in your hair too as well....

Yeah, call the company, immediately or something. Or go with another shade. Hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care