Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2008, 04:03 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,755 times

Advertisements

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-own-face.html

Hang Mioku, now 48, had her first plastic surgery procedure when she was 28; hooked from the beginning she moved to Japan where she had further operations - mostly to her face.

Following operation after operation, her face was eventually left enlarged and disfigured, but she would still look at herself in the mirror and think she was beautiful.

Eventually the surgeons she visited refused to carry out any more work on her and one suggested that her obsession could be a sign of a psychological disorder.

When she returned home to Korea the surgery meant Hang's features had changed so much that her own parents didn't recognise her.

After realising that the girl with the grossly swollen face was indeed their daughter her horrified parents took her to a doctor. Once again the possibility that Hang had a mental disorder was raised and she started treatment.

However, this treatment was too expensive for her to keep up and she soon fell back into old ways.

Amazingly, she found a doctor who was willing to give her silicone injects and, what's more, he then gave her a syringe and silicone of her own so she could self-inject.

When her supply of silicone ran out Hang resorted to injecting cooking oil into her face.

Her face became so grotesquely large that she was called "standing fan" by children in her neighbourhood - due to her large face and small body.

As Hang's notoriety spread she was featured on Korean TV. Viewers seeing the report took mercy on her and sent in enough donations to enable her to have surgery to reduce the size of her face.

During the first procedure surgeons removed 60g of foreign substance from Hang's face and 200g from her neck.

After several other sessions her face was left greatly reduced but still scarred and disfigured.

And it would seem that even Hang can now see the damage she has done; she now says that she would simply like her original face back.

look how she use to look before the injections
Attached Thumbnails
Cosmetic-surgery-addict- injected cooking oil-kor1_1111847c.jpg   Cosmetic-surgery-addict- injected cooking oil-kor3_1111850c.jpg   Cosmetic-surgery-addict- injected cooking oil-kor2_1111849c.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 09:12 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
ewwwwwwwww

Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
poor thing!

I'll see your Hang Mioku and raise you a Jocelyn Wildenstien: http://itp.nyu.edu/~bp432/blug/Jocel...ist_custom.jpg

(Actually, poor Hang trumps JW.)

Old 11-25-2008, 08:00 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Yeah, the Cat Woman (Wilderstein) is famous, but in terms of surgical addiction disorders, poor Mioku surpasses anybody I've ever seen.
Priscilla Presley is heading in Cat Woman direction, too, with her repeated surgeries, some of them botched. It's so strange to me how someone who starts out so beautiful, keeps going to the doctor's office, and ends up looking far worse.
Regardless, I think Hang Mioku is in a category all by herself.
(We'll leave Michael Jackson out of this one. )

Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,766,167 times
Thats really sad,and she was beautiful

Old 11-25-2008, 08:42 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
It makes you wonder about the kind of doctor that would dare to do the work on such a face.

Maybe they think that they are so good that they could improve things? The sad thing is that these women (and men!) think that being Beautiful so that others will LOOK at them is important.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,755 times
I dont believe in cosmetic surgury unless your disfigured from birth defect or accident

Old 11-25-2008, 01:48 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
I am so sick of your postings on thing kind of thing. Grow up.

First you make a thread for mocking and old lady and now for someone who is mentally ill.
Isnt there someone trying to kill themselves right now that you should be egging on?

Old 11-29-2008, 04:43 AM

285 posts, read 927,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I am so sick of your postings on thing kind of thing. Grow up.

First you make a thread for mocking and old lady and now for someone who is mentally ill.
Isnt there someone trying to kill themselves right now that you should be egging on?

I agree with you pitt-transplant, the other thread of the older woman at the beach, I fell into that one but I had to repost, I was wrong on what I was thinking...apologized in that post. I'm not going to get pulled into that again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty