Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:45 PM

466 posts, read 815,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
OPI never chips on my pedis. I only need a new pedicure when my nails grow. My fingernails are a different story. I have strong nails, but have never had a manicure that lasted more than a few days before chipping. I don't spend money on manicures, BC they never last.

So, on my fingernails, nothing, but on my toes, OPI. Even when I do it myself, I've not had a problem.
Almost the same deal here. When I do my own toes, I will sometimes get chips, but only after three weeks or so and I believe that is because I don't follow every single step and use all the products that my nailshop does. But I still think three weeks is a mighty long time when I'm just slapping on polish and then a topcoat, also OPI. But when I get a salon pedi? You're right, I only have to go in because my nails have started growing.

My hands are a lost cause, though. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 06:19 AM

1 posts, read 345 times
I would go for OPI over essie. Its both for the durability and streakiness. I think OPI performs much better. You can refer to this link for the comparison: [url=http://100review.com/best-10-nail-polish-review/]Best 10 Nail Polish Review - 100 Review[/url]

Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
I like Essie the best because it takes so long for it to start chipping, I can go a whole week without a chip, also the smell of it is less than a lot of brands. Opi is good, too and I pick among the two of them for colors, but sometimes the color formulations have an effect on streakiness, some colors are just smoother and has more even coverage.

Zoya, I tried, and they have cute colors, but the odor is too strong, and they are a good brand and 5- free or 3-free, too but the odor is overpowering.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,160,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITChick View Post
Yeah, after one day. It was frustrating to find out as it was the most expensive polish I ever bought at the time.
Chanel is one of the most expensive nail polishes. I bought a bottle of Vamp decades ago, maybe the 1990s, don't know what I was thinking but the color was horrible thinking back to it, don't know what I was thinking, but hey it was the 90s. I don't even remember the quality of it, but for the money it should have been chip resistant. Very disappointing for an expensive brand to chip because of the high price, it should have good long wearability.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:55 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
I have bad luck with gel and regular nail polish on my hands. They both look bad after a couple of days.

Essie Gel Couture is super easy to apply thanks to the brush. It only lasts an extra day or two, though.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:47 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy Lll View Post
I would go for OPI over essie. Its both for the durability and streakiness. I think OPI performs much better. You can refer to this link for the comparison: Best 10 Nail Polish Review - 100 Review
I've used both for years, and my experience and preference is essentially the opposite. I prefer the consistency and durability of Essie over OPI, and find that Essie's formulation holds up better...with storage factors being the same, i.e. they're stored side by side in the same place, I find that OPI tends to get a gluey consistency that requires thinning for good brushability if a bottle is a couple of years old. This hasn't happened with Essie shades I've had for the same length of time.

I also use some other brands, depending on sales, etc., but most of my nail polish is either Essie or OPI.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
I bough Target's Defy and Inspire. It is really durable, fun color names and 5-free. Seems to hold up better than both the OPI and Essie polishes I have.

https://corporate.target.com/article...fy-and-inspire

Old 02-27-2017, 06:57 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
Opi. THAT IS ALL!

Old 03-01-2017, 09:11 PM

219 posts, read 162,950 times
I actually prefer Opi brand, they stay on my nails longer and I use less polish and get a great color.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:54 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,484,037 times
Kiko.

Kiko nail polish lasts much longer on me than my former go-to, Essie. I can go for a week without a chip. It goes on very smoothly, with invisible brushstrokes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty