Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM

603 posts, read 2,358,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance67 View Post
Definitely Can't stand the fact that half the time she looks like a fashion joke herself. How did she get a show on fashion? lol Clinton is easier to watch- he seems like a cool guy. Whoever the hair guy is, I love him. Too bad he doesn't have his own show.
I've only caught the show when my daughters tried to watch it- now I refuse to let them. Women should wear what they're comfortable in.

Love the hair guy! He's the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 03:22 PM

434 posts, read 933,623 times
They are like clowns but in good ways!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:02 PM

11 posts, read 30,561 times
I enjoy the show, for the most part, and find some good fashion tips there (not that I have the opportunity to use them). But the pointy-toe shoe annoys me to no end! I am fairly short, and have big feet and hands for my height, and choose not to accentuate that fact. Pointy toes may make my legs look longer, but they make my feet look bigger. Not acceptable! Give me a round-toe wedge and boot-cut jeans, and I'm fine. Nick and Carmindy work wonders! Sometimes I wonder just how old the reruns really are, as I can't stay up late enough to see the current shows.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:55 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
I haven't watched the show in a long time but Clinton is a doll and I also like Carmindy.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,416,073 times
Stacy needs to look at herself in the mirror. I hate the fact that sometimes they throw away clothes that aren't that bad. Do you know how many suitcases I would have to take if they wanted everything in my closet

Old 01-18-2009, 01:49 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,105,708 times
I don't think they actually throw the clothes away. From what understand is they donate them.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 PM

473 posts, read 760,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
The scariest person on the show is Nick. I wouldn't let that man near my hair for any amount of money. He gives me the creeps and gives practically every poor woman on there a curly mullet.
Yeah, I don't like the way he cuts curly hair. He usually gives pretty good haircuts, but not on those with curly hair.

I wish there would be more of an emphasis on how to shop for clothes in your hometown. A shopping spree in New York is great, but why not teach people how to shop well in stores they have everyday access to?

Old 01-18-2009, 04:45 PM

566 posts, read 1,107,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've noticed that when watching the show, they'll ***** at someone for having certain items in their closet, then a couple episodes later they'll be telling a different person to get those same items because they're fashionable.

That's what always threw me off. How about I keep my wardrobe, and I'll occasionally be in fashion?
I wonder if it had to do with the person's body shape and their choices? Many make the mistake of buying/wearing jeans for instance, that does not fit their body type at all. Like skinny jeans, many women have them and wear them but should not.
The ones that can who are very lean, don't buy/wear them but should.
It all has to do with age of the person, body shape and type and where they intend on wearing certain items. Halter tops and micro minis are fine on some very young thin types--but not in an office type work environment. I have seen this outfit on 35+ women working in offices in the summer. It's wrong. Way wrong. But how would they know unless someone told them and had the cash to help out too.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:30 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,679 times
I like the show and for the most part agree with their advice. Has anyone ever noticed that the very people that nominated the made-over person need make-overs themselves?!! (Sorry, if someone already mentioned this.) I think it is hillarious when the reveal is made and I say "oh, no wonder she used to dress like that"!

Old 01-22-2009, 06:02 PM

220 posts, read 1,109,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
I've never seen the American version. Are they as blunt as Trinny and Susannah?
Trinny and Susannah have a new show on TLC. I think it's called Trinny and Susannah make over America. I love those two, so I hope it's good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty