Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:43 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
I haven't watched the show in a long time but Clinton is a doll and I also like Carmindy.

Isn't he though?? He's cute and has the perfect body-tall and lean.
I wish Nick would tell Stacy to lose the gray streak in her otherwise beautiful black hair...it makes her look old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Jersgrl and Missncr, I'm assuming you're both female. Hate to tell you, but I think your crush on Clinton will be similar to my high school crush on Boy George. You're not his type. But I agree, he's a cutey.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Isn't he though?? He's cute and has the perfect body-tall and lean.
I wish Nick would tell Stacy to lose the gray streak in her otherwise beautiful black hair...it makes her look old.
I remember hearing somewhere that with that type of grey she is unable to color it to cover it up. It has a name but I am drawing a blank. Maybe someone here can explain it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Jersgrl and Missncr, I'm assuming you're both female. Hate to tell you, but I think your crush on Clinton will be similar to my high school crush on Boy George. You're not his type. But I agree, he's a cutey.
hehe, yes, it was pretty obvious the first time I saw Clinton. But it doesn't mean we can't appreciate his nice looks. For a while he was on my wallpaper on my phone. lol

Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
I like the show a lot, and every time the person comes out looking waaaay better than they did before. They usually look like they lost weight, or are more shapely if thin already, just by a new wardrobe.

I don't love every item they find for people, but I really appreciate how they do take into account personality and lifestyle. I don't like makeover shows that try to turn someone into something they are not. I think they get it right for the most part in helping a person dress to reflect who they are.

I am with them against the pajamification of America too! I love how they encourage women to wear dresses & heels and to put some pride into their appearance. Same for men too (minus dresses & heels, haha). I like how Carmindy shows women how to look polished with makeup...a bare face doesn't look good for 99% of women.

I think both Clinton & Stacey are funny, and I think her snob act is tongue-in-cheek.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:31 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I like the show, and the way they give tough love to clueless people. Although they might miss the mark occasionally, usually the result is a great improvement.
I am just as guilty as anyone of not being able to be objective about myself. I wish they would make me over.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:08 PM

952 posts, read 3,706,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think Stacy needs a make-over in a big way herself.

oOO, somebody hit a nerve...

Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,504,944 times
The only thing I like about her is her streak of white hair!

Old 01-24-2009, 01:54 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,348,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KardoulaMou View Post
Yeah, I don't like the way he cuts curly hair. He usually gives pretty good haircuts, but not on those with curly hair.

I wish there would be more of an emphasis on how to shop for clothes in your hometown. A shopping spree in New York is great, but why not teach people how to shop well in stores they have everyday access to?

He's an expert on curly hair . . .

Old 01-24-2009, 09:06 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,076 times
Where do I sign a cousin of mine up? All she wears is Nascar racing shirts (gag)and some car pendant around her neck. She wears big ole polyester pants or football jerseys... She has frosted hair and needs a makeover. I would love to surprise her with one. She's always been a bitter person so this should send her over the edgeShe actually looked halfway decent about 15 years ago before she got married. She wears blue eyeshadow(pastel) too when she goes "out on the town" LOL

Oh, Clinton is just a bit over the top but harmless lol...He is funny. I like Stacy!! The one who was on with her dreadlocks was nasty. OMG!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 AM

1,113 posts, read 3,495,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ohhhhhh....say it ain't so!!!!
My husband thinks he's a little 'light in the loafers' too, but for some reason I just can't wrap myself around the idea he's gay. Whatever...he's a hottie either way.
Is it me, or does Carmindy look a lot like Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City)??
One more observation: If I went to a salon and the stylist came out with hair like Nick's (greasy/unkempt) I'd go elsewhere. I love his work, but for a high-dollar hairstylist, he has the worst-looking hair. It looks like it hasn't seen shampoo in a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty