Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,361,106 times

Advertisements

Does anybody of you have a tattoo he/she wants to remove?

Or has anybody had a tattoo in the past and went to a doc to see it off??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 12:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,113,797 times
I heard that this can be very painful

Old 02-10-2009, 01:43 PM

733 posts, read 1,921,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Does anybody of you have a tattoo he/she wants to remove?

Or has anybody had a tattoo in the past and went to a doc to see it off??
Honestly, lazer removal can leave you with a scar, and can be very expensive. If it is an option, why not do a cover up?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,361,145 times
I have one I'd like to have removed. I heard an ad on the radio for some type of tattoo removal cream. Anyone tried it? I do not want to cover it.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
My older son hit a rough patch in life when he was a teenager and had something distasteful tattooed onto his hands. It was necessary for me to send him away for a year to get help. When that year was up and he was back to being the good kid he was prior to his rough patch, we went to have those nasty tats removed. He had several treatments with a laser and he withstood the pain. In fact, he even had the nurse intensify the laser so that he could make fewer visits to the doctor to have this done. It worked and he has no tats and no scarring. This is something he had to do. He would never have been able to get a job or anything with what he had on his hands.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:39 AM

809 posts, read 2,875,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeg26 View Post
I have one I'd like to have removed. I heard an ad on the radio for some type of tattoo removal cream. Anyone tried it? I do not want to cover it.

The tattoo removal cream is called "Wrecking Balm"

DON'T waste your money! I looked up reviews about it....... you basically exfoliate and then apply their cream....... and the cream is just a basic skin lightening cream that you can get at ANY pharmacy! (Like the kind of cream that fades age spots!)

It's a HUGE rip off and you'd be better off buying a cheap exfoliator and the skin lightening cream from your local pharmacy/grocery store

Old 02-16-2009, 03:16 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,361,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
Honestly, lazer removal can leave you with a scar, and can be very expensive. If it is an option, why not do a cover up?
It was just a question if anybody has done it or wants to remove a tat. I don't have tats... Just curious

Old 02-18-2009, 03:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,909,950 times
Don't tease us like that, Miguel's mom!!!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,889 times
Smile Try Tat B Gone

Hey Miguel's Mom,
I have experience using a fade-away cream called Tat B Gone. I used it for about 7 months to fade away a tattoo I got when I was younger. I really wanted it gone but didn't want to pay for laser and heard it was really painful. Everyone said Wrecking Balm sucked and was a waste so I went with TBG. Took only a few weeks to start seeing results; gradually faded away the ink in my tattoo until it was barely noticable. Its been over half a year now and it still is faded away so I guess its permenant. Might want to check this stuff out!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,529,206 times
A lot of it depends on how old the tattoo is, and how well it was done. I've had friends try and use many different types of 'creams' to get rid of tattoos, and the poorly done ones with bad ink usually fade pretty well (although, even the creams leave scar tissue, which simply covers up the ink and you might *think* it's fading the tattoo...) but the ones that are professionally done won't go away with creams.

I still vote for laser removal, as long as you get a good dermatologist and a new laser being used.

I wouldn't waste money on creams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty