Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should my friend change Nail professionals in same shop?
Yes. Drop the girl -- she doesn't talk to you so there is no relationship there. 14 70.00%
No! What? I don't care, it's been nine years and you should stay committed to this Nail Professional 1 5.00%
Go get yourself some at-home press on-nails and call it good! 2 10.00%
Go somewhere else. It could be too awkward 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,704,460 times

Advertisements

I've got a very good friend who has gotten her nails done by the same woman for nine years. The nail professional went on vacation for more than a month and my friend had to have her nails done by a different person in the same shop. He did an amazing job and now my friend is torn.

Should she toss the lady of nine years who does a decent job for the guy who did a great job? Do know that the lady of nine years rarely if ever speaks to my friend. I've recommended that my friend go to the new guy and drop the lady since there is no relationship there.

Lastly, my friend is an avid CD'er and I know that she will read this thread. What advice would you give?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 PM

23,001 posts, read 34,309,668 times
Ok, it's me he's talking about......what should I do????

Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ok, it's me he's talking about......what should I do????
I voted to save money and just get those press on nails at Walmart.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:21 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,726,941 times
Personally, I would feel rude going to a different person in the same shop. I would feel less rude just going to a different salon altogether. The lady would probably wonder if she had done something terribly wrong. Another option is to see if you can find out if there are any times when he is there and she is not, then you could go there at those times and avoid her and get your nails done by the person you like. Or, you could try asking her to do some things differently.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I voted to save money and just get those press on nails at Walmart.
Well that might be ok if you don't care about one flying off and putting someone's eye out

Old 02-18-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Personally, I would feel rude going to a different person in the same shop. I would feel less rude just going to a different salon altogether. The lady would probably wonder if she had done something terribly wrong. Another option is to see if you can find out if there are any times when he is there and she is not, then you could go there at those times and avoid her and get your nails done by the person you like. Or, you could try asking her to do some things differently.
Even if she never talks to me? We have no relationship.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,100,712 times
I would go for the new guy. It might be uncomfortable at first when you see the lady, but it's your money and nails aren't cheap.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Personally, I would feel rude going to a different person in the same shop. I would feel less rude just going to a different salon altogether.
I think that is a fantastic idea.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I think that is a fantastic idea.
No, this place is right around the corner from my house! And they are good.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,962,612 times
I feel your pain! I'm friends with the lady who does my nails, but I've gone to other people when she's on vacation and I love the way other people do my nails. It's not that she does a bad job, just some people do them better. The problem is, we are friends and this would really hurt her if I went to someone else. I watch her birds for her when she's out of town and we have a very good friendship. It's tough! I wouldn't feel comfortable going to another person in the same shop. If you're going to go with another nail person, you should probably not do it in the shop she works in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty