Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,259 times

Advertisements

Teens are getting into high end fashion now

My brother wears alot of ralph lauren polo shirts that range from 79 to 145 dollars each. Jeans are usually levis(30-45 bucks) or nudie(200+)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:18 PM

1 posts, read 8,289 times
If your teenage boys are dressing like gangbangers or Little Somalians, and you do not know that adult males also dress this way, you've never worked in a men's prison... Underwear is acceptable as outerwear with these guys. You are, by buying into this trend, sending a message.... Don't let your children unknowingly (or without your full understanding) spread this trend! This goes for young girls wearing dental floss for underwear as well. Why do little girls (this includes teenagers) need to dress as though they slither around pole for a living? Can't kids just be kids?

Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,207 times
im in 6th grade and i go to a rich people school & i dont know what looks good and i want to look good for the social (party where i hang out on the dance floor w/ my girlfriend while people have dance battles and hip-hop dance) but i dont know do boys wear aeropostale shirts? plzzz heeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
Yep. jeans, hoodies, Ts.

and basketball shorts, and very new shoes. Shoes must always look new.
oh and polos. but not with basketball shorts, obviously

Old 10-09-2010, 11:37 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
jeans as tight as the ones girls wore when i was in high school. maybe tighter. it's disgusting.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 PM

2 posts, read 9,235 times
This would depend on your kids "Clique" Here are popular places they shop and things they wear:
PS this is for boys as you mentioned you had a son!
Preppy: (Dress rich and coservative) Boys usually wear bright colors, and almost always wear polo style shirts, often with their collars up, or popped! They usually wear khakis or cargo pants. Depending on how conservative, some tuck their shirts in. ALWAYS wear belts, accompanied by matching loafers or boat shoes. Shop at AF,macy's, aeropostale, and american eagle.
Jock- (Simialir to preppy, but more sports oriented) Usually wear their letterman jackets and a shirt with sports logo on it. When not wearing this, usually wear polos like tge preps, but usually wear jeans and don't tuck in their shirts. Wear athletic shoes, shop almost anywhere!
Goths- (Dress in black, and vintage clothes) Wear all black for starters, usually wear black jeans, no belt, black LONG sleeve shirts (Bare arms aren't popular with goths) and black converse, or other all black shoes. Shop at thrift stores, hot topic, Pacsun.
Emos- (Dont have to cut themselves, lol, simialir to goths) wear everything a goth does, but red is often used, and wear fishnet sleeves. Shop at goth stores.
Scene- (Music oriented goths) Wear vintage band tees, dark jeans, black shoes, and sometimes a black beanie. Shop at goth stores, but order alot of tees online or at thrift stores.
Indie- (Anti media inspired who like art and music, culturally inspired) Wear band tees, jeans and a coat of some sort. NEVER EVER wear clothes advertising something, except for band tees. Shop anywhere you find these!
So, hope this works for you, let your kid be who he wants to be, if you don't approve of one, DO NOT discourage him as he may feel upset, and will want to wear this style longer, as it is likely just a phase. But always encourage your son to dress well, the preppy style is very good as it prepares them for how to dress as a young man, goth inspired usually gives a nice appreciation of fashion, and indie is good for a mature mind!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,655 times
Your son likes to wear a uniform? wow, that's the first guy I know of that likes uniforms. lol

Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 PM

2 posts, read 15,880 times
Default Oh yeaa x3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
The kids here haven't been wearing their jeans really low for some time now, but they do all wear jeans. Every region is different, though. I wouldn't start off with specific brands right away, either. Different groups of kids where different brands. My teens would go naked before they'd wear Abercrombie, lol. Yet some groups of kids wear them all the time, maybe the football players? I am not up-to-date on which groups wear what, just that they don't all dress the same.
Heya' I'm in Hiqhschool && I qotta sayy - Awhh yeaa' All them quyss be wearinqq dheree jeans loww ; Buh it's cutte x33' I say dhaat yo' son should wear designerr clothees ; Lieek Hollister , Abercrombiee , True Religion jeans , && Levii's are relee cuute if dheey sagg . (: Lmao' Parents prolly dont lieek dhaat tho. Mhmm well @ my skool the kids dhaat usually wear Hollister && Abercrombiee and stuff aree dhee peoplee errywun calls 'Socials'. Usually football players , ... Mostly peoplee who play any sport at all . (for quys). Not to be racist , dhiis is just the truthh ; But it's usually Mexican socials & Asian socials who wear all thiis ^^ - Hopee dhiis k i n d a helps yuhrr sonn :33 Lol . Aiitee i'm out . {;

Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 PM

2 posts, read 15,880 times
Default Awhh (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonpwnsU View Post
im in 6th grade and i go to a rich people school & i dont know what looks good and i want to look good for the social (party where i hang out on the dance floor w/ my girlfriend while people have dance battles and hip-hop dance) but i dont know do boys wear aeropostale shirts? plzzz heeeeeeeeelp!!!!!
Yeaa dheey wear Aero (: , Buh be careful which desiqn it is. Makee suree it's wun that doesn't have a lot going on on it . Make sense ? Lieek ; Wun thaat doesn't say AERO in biq gaudy letterinqq . I meaan ' It can say Aero , Just not BIG. Idk how to explaain . (:
[url=http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/a1/33/a1330997244b3dadde1d5f492816e837/aeropostale-teen-guys-shirts-aero-surf-team-graphic-tee.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.shopstyle.com/browse%3Ffts%3Daeropostale%2Bshirts%2Bfor%2Bguys&u sg=__sUYmZNW7A_gGQkFsswSPDSu4a6Y=&h=193&w=164&sz=2 1&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=3dNxh5VpNXUNSM:&tbnh= 142&tbnw=121&ei=58Z6TdSYFoK0sAPo0pmEAw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Daero%2Bshirts%2Bfor%2Bguys%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1259%26bih%3D606%26tbs%3 Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=481&vpy=114&dur=46 4&hovh=154&hovw=131&tx=87&ty=105&oei=58Z6TdSYFoK0s APo0pmEAw&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0]Google Image Result for http://resources.shopstyle.com/sim/a1/33/a1330997244b3dadde1d5f492816e837/aeropostale-teen-guys-shirts-aero-surf-team-graphic-tee.jpg[/url]

Lieek dhaat ^^ (lol it's sooo lonqq. ) x33'

Old 03-12-2011, 07:04 AM

236 posts, read 860,090 times
Fashion has changed a lot in my High school. When I say the boys actually care about what they look like, I mean they really care about what they look like. The biggest thing is Ralph Lauren shirts and the latest Jordan's, and Nike. They're trying to go for that, "I have expensive taste." look.

Some of them still do that "Gangsta" thing, with the pants down low where I can see their Hollister boxers. Not cool!

I haven't noticed what kind of pants they were, but it's usually cargo pants. One thing about my school is we l♥ve to match. Matching is very important! Your shoes must match your shirt and your hat (if you're wearing one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty