Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 11:45 PM

1 posts, read 54,953 times

Advertisements

My son will be 13 this year. He was voted "best dressed". He wears quite a bit of Southpole, Hollister, and Aeropostle. Layered looks, hoodies, and plaids are big this year. When it comes to shoes, he prefers DC's, Van's, or Airwalk. For basketball shoes, he is partial to Nike - Jordan's especially. We live in the midwest about 3 hours west of Chicago. I do alot of online shopping as well as shop sales racks. I never pay full price for ANYTHING. (For example, a hoodie at Hollister runs $49.90 - online at hollisterco.com in their clearance items I recently bought 2 @ $16.90 a peice) I don't have alot of money to spend on clothes, but I do know how to shop. It does take work to get the bargains (example: taking time to fill out online surveys at the bottom of receipts will get one anywhere from 10-15% off next purchase. Shopping during promotions and sales helps. Also, reward clubs are worth joining and allow you special discounts you wouldn't otherwise get) It's well worth it if you are on a budget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,448 times
Well ours wears a school uniform....lol

But outside of school he never wears anything baggy, I thought it was actually 'out' as neither does my younger brother...but it must depend on region/style.

Generally he wears fairly fitted clothes, skinny jeans or just fitted jeans, plaid shirts, preppy brands like Tommy Hilfiger/Gap/etc

Old 07-29-2011, 03:09 PM

1 posts, read 54,602 times
This message is coming from a 15 year old boy. Thrift stores really suck sometimes, no offence. Personally i like to Shop at Zumiez and PacSun because they have that tighter pant look (not to tight, but fitted.) They also have a Bunch of Volcom and DC there, and reasonable prices too. My dad loves to take me and get clothes. I would have to say give the kid a price range and take him to his favorite stores and let him pick what he wants because its him that's wearing the clothes not the parents. When my Dad tires to tell me what to wear I don't like it. I mean Boys will be boys, some of them do sag their jeans but some of them like to tie shoe laces around their waists as if it were a belt. Its them wearing the clothes not you. I advise Zumiez or Pacsun.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:44 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
It really depends upon the teenage boy, your region and what he is "into"

My teens wear a uniform to school, but when my son is not in school he favors very skinny jeans from Pac-Sun, not so much out of brand loyalty, but because he is quite slim and tall. Pac Sun fits the best. He likes band tee shirts and Polos from Fred Perry and Ben Sherman. He also likes slim non denim slacks, also from Pac-Sun.

For outer wear he favors the classic pea coat, which looks nice with his uniform and out of school clothes. He wears Doc Martens and Vans and a few brand brands available at Journey.

Most High Schools Students are past the baggy pants, boxer showing craze. It's kind of moved downscale.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:13 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Where I live, baggy jeans and t-shirts or basketball shorts seems to have gone out of style. Most teen boys seem to wear jeans but more fitted than they used to be, (the skinny jeans seem to have gone out style now), so jeans are just regular fits. Shirts are usually polo shirts, dress shirts (both long sleeved and short sleeved) or shirts with logos on them. Boat shoes are popular now and so are Nike shoes. Cardigans have been slowly becoming a little bit popular too. I saw a teenager boy on a TV show wearing black slip-on church shoes, not the tie kinds. For hair, the long skateboard has gone out of style, most teen guys have their hair cut short now or shaved off. And for sunglasses, Aviators and Wayferers are popular.

I'm an 18 year old, I mostly wear khaki shirts or Jean pants with short sleeved stripped polo shirts, plain polo shirts or denim shirts. When I wear a denim shirt or an long sleeved shirt, I sometimes roll up the sleeves and wear either my black Nike shoes or my boat shoes. I do wear a silver watch from time to time as well. I wear cologne and Aviator sunglasses.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 54,385 times
Exclamation How Freshmen Dress in High School.

Well im from colorado and i wear Hollister, Abercombie, Chucks, and Jordans, and really what the trends are, i don't hang my pants to my thighs and show my boxers or anything because i don't think thats cool,I am 14 years old and at mu school you have to know black people or they mess with you and you have to have # Swagg as they call it or they make fun of you and it's not fun, so i dress like them without Sagging because then i have respect in the school without getting my feelings hurt. But really i only dress like that because i dont like being bothered because the way i dress but i look good in what they dress like so it's become my style, if he likes how they dress it does get expensive but i get good grade for clothes, if he doesn't like the way the type i am talking about then i really don't know

Last edited by Chinguun; 08-27-2011 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: not good enough

Old 08-30-2011, 07:59 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Whatever happened to the preppy look?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:55 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Whatever happened to the preppy look?
It's still around, but not as much as it was a few years ago. The preppy look was most popular around 2004-2008/09 ish.

The gothic and gangster looks seem to have gone out of style though. I just graduated high school this past June but when I started high school in 2007, there were a few gothics at my school, but by my junior year, I didn't see. The gothic and gangster look (with over-sized, baggy clothes) seemed to peak when I was in elementary school around 2001-2004 and seems to have declined from then on. I remember I used to see them leaving school when I went home and commenting about how ridiculous they looked. I'm glad those looks went out of style.

It does seem to me, at least where I live, that teenagers dress more "dressy" now than they used to 10 years ago. Lots of dresses and fancy jewelry on teen girls plus those flowers they wear in their hair now and a lot of dress shirts on guys now.

Last edited by 90sman; 09-02-2011 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-02-2011, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 53,951 times
Okay.
Skinny jeans
V neck shirts
Hoodie
Skate or toms shoes
Brands: abercrombie, hollister, members only jacket
And not really sag. Just a little bit.
And he will be popular as soon as he goes to school
Well this is highschool dress
For middle school
Skinny jeans regular t shirt
skate shoes
Hoodies
Brands: volcom, tillys, zoo york, vans, dc, hurley

Old 12-02-2011, 10:04 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,989,217 times
Those super tight guys skinny jeans.

I don't get how you know...physically those are comfortable for a guy. Women can wear tight pants and not be uncomfortable for the most part because everything is flat. Know what I mean.

I'm surprised more high school guys aren't sopranos now in these black skinny pants, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty