Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:17 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times

Advertisements

I guess I'm either not that into the latest fashions, or I just am too busy.

I wouldn't have the time or the interest to read those things.

But one for the "older" crowd might get me interested!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Oh geez...and that freelancer blog is just WACK. That chick is scary.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:29 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh geez...and that freelancer blog is just WACK. That chick is scary.
Chessie,

Is it her tattoos that frighten you? A lot of young girls are getting tattoos now days. It's very common. I guess I see a lot of it because I live in a college town, so it doesn't phase me.

Anyhow, I like looking at the various fashion blogs to get ideas. Even if another person's style doesn't quite match mine, I still look at them because maybe I like the their use of colors, or whatever it is.

Also, the Fashion Freelancer is a European woman, and they tend to be a little more accepting of certain things (such as tattoos) than what some of us other might be comfortable with. I'm not getting any tattoos anytime soon, but I like a lot of her dresses and shoes (many of which are fairly conservative actually), and admire her sense of fashion!

W.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:33 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesFex View Post
I'd love to add few more;
Shiny Squirrel - shinysquirrel.typepad.com
Only Shallow - ambugaton.blogspot.com
The Cherry Blossom Girl - thecherryblossomgirl.com
La Coquette - lacoquette.blogs.com
The Sartorialist - thesartorialist.blogspot.com
Face Hunter - facehunter.blogspot.com
Style Bytes - stylebytes.net
Fashionologie - fashionologie.com
The Glossy - theglossy.blogspot.com
The Coveted - thecoveted.blogspot.com
Stylealchemy - stylealchemy.com/ruminations
Lola is Beauty - lolaisbeauty.blogspot.com
Fashion Verbatim - fashionverbatim.net
Wow! Thanks! These are great. You've got a few new ones on here that I'm not familiar with.

I see you've included Style Bytes. She had a nice blog going for a while, but then disappeared without saying anything. Rumor has it that she ended up divorcing her husband whom she married while she was writing the blog. She had several of his pictures on her blog and I always was sort of surprised she married him.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,010 times
I'm a huge fan of Childhood Flames, Sea of Shoes, Chic Heroin, Mode D'Amour, Fansea Pants, and The Clothes Horse!

luv the ones you guys posted. i got to check out some new 1s

Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,370,159 times
I love the Sartorialist. My favourite blogs are the ones that show real people on the street...rather than runway models or celebs. You can type in google and get street fashion all over the world. I can't remember the link, but yesterday I found an interesting one with Danish people.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:00 PM

5 posts, read 46,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I love the Sartorialist. My favourite blogs are the ones that show real people on the street...rather than runway models or celebs. You can type in google and get street fashion all over the world. I can't remember the link, but yesterday I found an interesting one with Danish people.

jdawg check out crookedtongues i think they have a what ones wearing area they are based out of the UK so you get more europeans on there

Old 02-12-2010, 02:45 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,722,636 times
Go Fug Yourself: Because Fugly Is The New Pretty

Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 AM

476 posts, read 1,134,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
.... what are your favorite fashion blogs? Here's a few of mine:

The Sartorialist

I discovered The Sartorialist because of this thread. Along that vein, I enjoy clicking through photos of real folks' "street style". Another poster mentioned they don't have time to read fashion blogs. I do not "read" fashion blogs (I read articles ... in The New Yorker, WSJ). I just enjoy the pictures, which beautifully reflect the aesthetics of style and creativity across various regions, cities, genders and age groups.

Swagger360 is outstanding. I'm also enjoying StyleQuotient. I check out Racked's StreetscenesNY for a laugh. The voting/severe judgement is hilarious but there are also some individuals who shine.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:26 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
I like Refinery 29:

Fashion Trends - Current Fashion Trends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty