Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,502,785 times

Advertisements

- I cant stand those little shorts with "juicy" or "sexy" on the butt - I still see them - really horrible when you see them on little girls - I guess their parents are morons.
- When youngish people wear short sleeves and shorts and its 22 degrees outside. Whats up with that?
- pleated pants on anyone - always unflattering
- grown women in ponytails who are not going to the gym (hey - your not 20 anymore and need some softness around the face)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Her

298 posts, read 868,787 times
Hey now!

I see nothing wrong with long pants and sandals. Guilty!

I also see nothing wrong with pony tails on adult women. I will never understand the whole..."give up a certain fashion once you reach a certain age."

If it looks good, rock it! I think a ponytail would look much better on an older woman than lose thinning hair.

The one fashion trend I cannot stand....skinny jeans! YUCK! Those things are hideous and not flattering at all.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:48 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I don't mind the look of nice flip flops. I wear suede Chaco flips, but they have actual support, they don't have that rubbery look like the hideous foamy platform flips I see waaay too many girls wearing.
Way to many people wear flip flops way to many places Sure they are great for the beach popping around home etc. but I had to do jury duty this summer and almost every woman had on flip flops and every single time they had to approach the judge you could hear loudly "swish swish swish" I found it annoying and just stupid

Old 03-01-2009, 05:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post

That guy is sooo funny! I swear he is me except he is a man sort of I looove him!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:01 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I'm a grad student in the southeast, I keep seeing undergrad girls wearing these god-awful boat/dock loafers... not sure what they are called. Their brown leather with stitching around the rounded toe and those square leather laces. God, they are ugly. It must be some kind of trend though, the girls wearing them are clearly in the wannabe-fashionista crowd.
Oh. My. Goodness. Are the eighties coming back? (shudders)

Old 03-01-2009, 07:12 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Oh. My. Goodness. Are the eighties coming back? (shudders)
Oh. Yeah. Shoulder pads anyone?

Old 03-01-2009, 07:30 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,282,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Oh. Yeah. Shoulder pads anyone?

Leg warmers? Pink metallic ties?

Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman13 View Post
Leg warmers? Pink metallic ties?
Quick. We need a web store..........

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her View Post
I see nothing wrong with long pants and sandals. Guilty!

I also see nothing wrong with pony tails on adult women.
hippie.

Quote:
I will never understand the whole..."give up a certain fashion once you reach a certain age."
It's called acting one's age. eg as women get older, generally their hair shold get shorter. Really long hair on old women simply looks ridiculous.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Well I am sick of all the snarky crap being a trend...So I will talk about what I do like:

- ciggarette leg pants/jeans (version of skinny thats not tapered)
- ultra low riders
- long torso cut tops for layers
- red hair colors of all shades (on trend)
- spring look of natural make-up with a lovely release of colors to wear
- bags are getting smaller again
- double duty type products for HBA (like moisturizer/tint/sunscreen all in one)
- skin shades getting less orange and more natural
- hair styles becoming more natural and ready to wear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty