Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:16 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times

Advertisements

The designs remind me of tattoo's. Seriously. They look like some tattoo's you see on people. The other day I was at this great little boutique and this couple came in wearing Ed Hardy tee's and ended up buying even more. They had the same kind of designs as tattoo's on their bodies. I'm guessing other people that buy this stuff like the designs but may not want them permanently on their bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 10:17 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,719,633 times
People kept coming into my store asking about Ed Hardy clothes. I've never heard of it until a few months ago. We recently got some drinking glasses and shot glasses in at work. The designs are kind of cool, but they'd be kind of tacky on clothes, IMO.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
I like Ed Hardy shirts! Sure, they may be trendy and gone in a few years, but in the meantime I love the way they look and will continue to wear them.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,703,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
The designs remind me of tattoo's. Seriously. They look like some tattoo's you see on people. The other day I was at this great little boutique and this couple came in wearing Ed Hardy tee's and ended up buying even more. They had the same kind of designs as tattoo's on their bodies. I'm guessing other people that buy this stuff like the designs but may not want them permanently on their bodies.
I'm guessing you don't know who Ed Hardy is? :) Or Sailor Jerry?

It's all much too trendy...while I think flash can be successfully applied to something other than flesh, this trend is over-played. All too Hot Topic for me. In the beginning it was novel. Now...not. Speaking as a person with tattoos.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
I'm guessing you don't know who Ed Hardy is? Or Sailor Jerry?

It's all much too trendy...while I think flash can be successfully applied to something other than flesh, this trend is over-played. All too Hot Topic for me. In the beginning it was novel. Now...not. Speaking as a person with tattoos.

Agreed (as another person with old school style tattoos), Kind of like the people who walked around sporting Von Dutch stuff not realizing that the REAL Von Dutch (Kenny Howard) was a lowbrow pinstripe artist who was an eccentric, racist, alcoholic wife beater.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:24 PM

484 posts, read 1,583,771 times
Some of Ed Hardys clothes are cute though. I like their tracksuits, and a few of their tshirts (the more simpler ones). I agree it's expensive, but to me, it's no expensive than some of the other designers I buy. You get what you pay for, in my opinion

Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
I always liked those old timey looking tatoos - on sailors that is.

I dont think it really matters that Von Dutch was a jerk - as long as you like his designs.

Heck - Volkswagon is a Nazi company (or used to be) and people still buy from them

Old 04-19-2009, 01:56 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,488,950 times
Well, I hate to tell everyone but you will find Ed Hardy mainly in big cities such as:

Miami, NYC, LA, Philly, Chicago, Boston, SF, Dallas, etc

It started in the fashion capitals (big cities) and worked it's way down to the smaller metros.

For the person that said it cost 15 dollars at TJ MAXX. That is a lie. TJ Maxx sells them but they are around 30-40.

For everyone that does not like it and bashed it on this forum your solution is simple....... dont buy it

I am sure if your wardrobe was examined by myself that everything in it would be donated to charity

Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Well, I hate to tell everyone but you will find Ed Hardy mainly in big cities such as:

Miami, NYC, LA, Philly, Chicago, Boston, SF, Dallas, etc

It started in the fashion capitals (big cities) and worked it's way down to the smaller metros.

For the person that said it cost 15 dollars at TJ MAXX. That is a lie. TJ Maxx sells them but they are around 30-40.

For everyone that does not like it and bashed it on this forum your solution is simple....... dont buy it

I am sure if your wardrobe was examined by myself that everything in it would be donated to charity
Not necessarily... I saw 2 Ed Hardy tees at Ross recently that were $16.99 each....

Old 04-20-2009, 10:51 AM

730 posts, read 2,887,072 times
So did I, at TJ Maxx. Eventually when they don't sell they too get marked down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty