Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:43 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
yea i work at a hotel and i see guys wearing cowboy boots all the time even with a blazer??!?!?! thts crazy im into style and fashion and thats a big no no theres a time and place for everything leave the cowboy boots at home
If you are "into style" then you'd see how people develop their own and there are no hard and fast rules. Style is about finding what works best for you.

Now if you are "into fashion" then yeah I can see why you'd be worried about what is or is not a "big no-no" since fashion is more about rules and following along according to what the industry "dictates".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
yea i work at a hotel and i see guys wearing cowboy boots all the time even with a blazer??!?!?! thts crazy im into style and fashion and thats a big no no theres a time and place for everything leave the cowboy boots at home
Obviously there are plenty of people where you are who would disagree with you.

You live in the midwest. Cowboy boots are a staple of many wardrobes in that part of the country, as well as in the southwest. You may not like them, but that has nothing to do with the reality that they are quite acceptable and "in style" (a classic look in fact) for many people.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM

335 posts, read 670,355 times
I have a few in my shoe salon / closet . Old Gringo are my fave.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,831,744 times
Why on Earth would anyone wear cowboy boots?

Old 03-30-2013, 12:24 PM

335 posts, read 670,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post

because they look awesome, Look at the old gringo website and you will see why some of us choose to do so.

I just bought a pair by ash called austonian they are thigh high cowboy boots. and when i wear them people want to buy them off me. About 5 plus people will stop me

freepeople.com/Ash_Austonian_Boots

Old 03-30-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Because they like them - and don't care whether you do or not.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:32 PM

24 posts, read 36,638 times
Quote:
Because I work on a ranch.
What would you suggest?

Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 PM

149 posts, read 343,256 times
Western Boots have always been apart of me.To me they are the most comfortable shoe to wear.Especially after you have broke them into you foot.I always purchase them with the ''walking heel'' which are 2-3 '' in height.Which is perfect if you actually plan to do alot of walking.I have special ones in different colors for when I go out and then certain ones for just working around our place.
Check out Sheplers Western Wear Online for great deals.They have a wide selection in allprice ranges from 60.00 to a few hundred.
They have a line of the 60.00 boots in all of our basic colors and they are a well made little boot for dress or work.
You might wont to start with a few pairs of these picking your fav colors and then purchase a fancier more expensive pair to add to your collection if you decide that you like the look and feel of ''your new bff's''..Warning once you start you may never return to any other kind of shoe.They can be crazy Fancy and just as sharp and sexy in my opinion as any high heel.Well almost!!Super comfortable breaks the tie for me..

Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 AM

693 posts, read 1,041,024 times
When I moved to Texas, I had to buy a pair. I like 'em!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorgirl2007 View Post
When I moved to Texas, I had to buy a pair. I like 'em!
Me too - I bought my first pair when I moved to Texas and have since bought about five pairs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty