Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have great products or a regime to recommend for minimizing pores?

Mine aren't huge but I want to achieve a better skin texture on the apples of my cheeks. I haven't yet tied anything so any input would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 06:56 PM

Anyone?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:06 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Do not use soap on your face. Drink a lot of fresh, clean water. Exercise regularly. Eat plenty of green vegetables. Kill the fried foods, and cut back on dairy if you eat it. Obviously, a lot has to do with genetics, but you may as well put the odds in your favor.

Use a cleansing product specifically designed for your skin type. I do not believe you're going to get an excellent (expensive, yes, but not necessarily good for you) product at a department store.

For that, I'd head to a dermatologist or an MD specializing in skin care - even a plastic surgeon. It'll be worth the money spent on an appointment, just to make sure you're using the correct product. You've just got to find out what works best for you.

Do you have a Whole Foods where you live? I've found that most of the people who work in cosmetics there are well-versed. All of their skin care is made with no corn or petroleum derived ingredients. It's worth a shot!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
I just finished a bottle of biore pore minimizing face wash. I washed with one of those little throw away foam cosmetic wedges. I saved a ton of product that way and it seemed to get my face cleaner than just fingertip wash. Do use some sort of sponge...I get away with using a pea size amount instead of the suggested nickle and made my bottle last for 3 months now that way. (even with the s.o. stealing it. LOL)

I exfoliate as well on my own with oilive oil + coffee grounds or dry lemon rinds scrub. There is a exfoliate step bottle from biore. But I just stuck with what I was doing before. Biore makes a scrub to do this for you. Use something to do the exfoliation step if large pores/dullness stay a problem.(1-2x wk not daily)

Face wash:
Buy Biore Pore Minimizing Foaming Face Wash Online at drugstore.com

You may need some light moisture afterwards if you need to use that.
But I cant believe how it smoothed my skin to add the wedge to it was well. I look like I have on blush without having any on .

Caffine is a bad thing for large poors too. But as already mentioned food will affect how your skin is overall. I go by the simple rules of : less processed, more fruits and veggies.
But I eat some junk too. I just lean more towards the good food side when my skin has been being so well behaved.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
I've often heard that "Rare Minerals" works really good. I don't know that for certain though.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM

809 posts, read 2,883,759 times
Queen Helenes Mint Julep Mask......... it sucks out oil, cleans pores and reduces the size of pores! I SWEAR by it (And it's SOOOOOOOO Cheap for SUCH a huge tube or jar of it!)

You can get it at any pharmacy/grocery store!

Old 02-23-2009, 04:57 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I read a review in The Washington Post on a product from Bath & Body Works (I honestly don't recall what it's named) - the article said use it instead of your moisturizer, I believe it has something like pore minimizer in name but honestly don't remember. I'm going to check it out next time I go there. Avon used to sell a line called Pore-Fection and had a mattifier (which I THINK is what B&BW is) - but Avon discontinued it.

I've been using the Olay Regenerist products and they seem to have helped the pore situation somewhat.

I used to use that Mint Julep Mask, I'd totally forgotten about it. I'll check it out.

I also like the Origins "You're Getting Warmer" Mask but it's pretty pricey.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Thanks everyone for the tips! Anyone else have add'l tips to share, too?

Old 02-23-2009, 06:32 PM

101 posts, read 435,578 times
Check out www.cosmeticscop.com. Paula Begoun has the best information on which products work and what you need. Generally, you need a gentle non detergent cleanser for your skin type, an BHA or AHA Exfoliator Product, Antioxidient Serum, Moisturizer with Sunscreen for day, Moisturizer w/o Sunscreen for night.
Emmie

Old 02-28-2009, 12:04 AM

111 posts, read 258,586 times
You didn't say what type of skin you have now, I would recommend Neutrogena's Pore Refining Collection which gets good reviews, these products are one of my favorites, and best skincare products available in my opinion. Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser is gentle enough to use daily. And that is the first step to reducing their appearance. If you aren't using a toner already, I'd suggest you start using. And lastly, you can use pore refining creams. Along with that drinking lots of water and green leafy vegetables will help to some extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty