Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:36 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I think it's more about acceptable attire in public, not romancing the past.

Nobody here is telling you that you CAN'T wear this stuff in public, people are just expressing their opinion which is their right to do, that it looks tacky and lazy. If you don't care what people think, then that's fine. However, we still have the right to express our opinions about it, and people WILL judge you based on how you present yourself.
Kevin said it wasn't "acceptable" if you don't call that trying to tell me what I shouldn't (note: I never said can't in my original post, I said shouldn't) wear then I'm not really sure what to say. I'm fully aware you can think what you like about it, just realize, I couldn't care less. So if you want to waste your energy worrying about my pants, by all means, go right ahead.

Last edited by Kaye02; 06-02-2009 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM

914 posts, read 1,806,094 times
Quote:
Does it bother anyone here when you see a woman wear their pajama bottoms/lounge pants out in public ? It drives me crazy. I have plenty of them, but I wear them at home.

Yes, this drives me absolutely bonkers, I used to do that when I was in High School. Where the classy ladies at.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM

1,495 posts, read 5,044,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Bah!

Not all of us comfy clothes wearers have sloppy bodies thanks!
Wearing PJ`s in public is sloppy in general, regardless of body size.
If you did this in the UK you`d be laughed at, it`s severe laziness.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
So it's not okay to be sloppy, in the UK, but it's okay to be rude? That's just dandy.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:38 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
I don't live in the UK, so why should I care what's laughable over there?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
How is looking at someone in pajamas is detrimental to you? It might annoy you but, heck, a lot of things annoy me. That doesn't mean I can force everyone to stop doing those things. I hate when people wear flip flops, I think they are hideous, tacky, and I don't want to see peoples feet. However, I'm not about to try and bar people from wearing them. If I don't want to see something, I simply turn my head. It's not that hard.
Oh geeze, enough with the "people are trying to force or barring " kick. Nothing has been said about forcing anyone. If it bothers me, it bothers me. Is it so detrimental to you ? Practice what you preach. If this thread is that upsetting to you, then maybe you shouldn't read it. It's not that hard, right ?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I'm fully aware you can think what you like about it, just realize, I couldn't care less.
Let me guess, you're one of those tween aged girls that wears your pj bottoms out in public and think it's cute. Am I right ? For someone who could care less what I or anyone else thinks, you're sure defensive and getting rather touchy about it.
Quote:
So if you want to waste your energy worrying about my pants, by all means, go right ahead.
Thanks for your permission. If you want to continue wasting YOUR energy defending yourself to a lot of people who disagree with you, go right ahead. It's not going to stop anyone from expressing their opinions, whether you agree with them or not.

Last edited by mainegirl; 06-02-2009 at 12:41 PM..

Old 06-02-2009, 05:44 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
That's cool; I'm NOT in the UK, so no worries.

And before all of you guys go all stupid thinking I am wearing some fleece printed pants all day long; it's not like that. When I say yoga/lounge/sleep pants this is what I mean.

:::::::::: Aéropostale - Girls: Fleece Bottoms: Search for ::::::::::

NWT ED HARDY "LIFE LOVE LUCK" LOUNGE PANTS WOMENS HOT!! - eBay (item 170338151064 end time Jun-02-09 19:37:19 PDT)

NEW VICTORIA'S SECRET WIDE LEG SWEATPANTS SWEATS SZ M - eBay (item 110395390464 end time Jun-02-09 17:37:02 PDT)

LAMB BY GWEN STEFANI SM. NWT AUTH $105 IVY LOUNGE PANTS - eBay (item 190310354796 end time Jun-02-09 17:59:00 PDT)

So if I get laughed at for that, oh well. Laziness is the LAST thing I am, in fact I am too busy most days; and due to that I want to be comfy. You really can't be comfy when you have a 100+lb dog ramming their back paws into a zipper or buttons in your lap, lol! (not to mention your range of motion is limited in jeans compared to yoga pants)

Old 06-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Let me guess, you're one of those tween aged girls that wears your pj bottoms out in public and think it's cute. Am I right ? For someone who could care less what I or anyone else thinks, you're sure defensive and getting rather touchy about it.
Thanks for your permission. If you want to continue wasting YOUR energy defending yourself to a lot of people who disagree with you, go right ahead. It's not going to stop anyone from expressing their opinions, whether you agree with them or not.
No actually, I'm not a teen and I don't even own pj pants anymore, I prefer nightshirts. The few times I have worn such things in public were when I was sick. That's why I said I sometimes wear them.

I'm fine and dandy with you expressing your opinion. However, when you whine on a public forum you shouldn't be surprised when people think your opinion is ridiculous.

I make rash judgments about people all the time. For example I think people who are so concerned with my pants are laughably shallow and/ or well.... kinda creepy. The difference between you and I is that I can recognize that my rash judgments, especially about such shallow things, are often wrong.

As I said, I don't care much. I, frankly, just find this thread amusing.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
I'm fine and dandy with you expressing your opinion. However, when you whine on a public forum you shouldn't be surprised when people think your opinion is ridiculous.
And my response to you again is, practice what you preach, take a look in the mirror, clean up your backyard and all those other cliches. Or do these rules only apply to me because I stand up to you ? If anyone is whining around here it's YOU with all your "I don't care if you like it or not, you can't force people to stop", etc. Please. I will continue to speak my opinion. Don't like it ? Don't read the thread anymore.

Quote:
I make rash judgments about people all the time. For example I think people who are so concerned with my pants are laughably shallow and/ or well.... kinda creepy. The difference between you and I is that I can recognize that my rash judgments, especially about such shallow things, are often wrong.
LOL !! You seem to have a higher opinion of yourself than anyone else here in this thread. Nobody here cares about YOUR pants. This is a general discussion.

Quote:
As I said, I don't care much. I, frankly, just find this thread amusing.
Yes it shows. You respond to everything I or anyone else says to you defensively and in an condenscending manner.

Back on topic, I recently saw a episode of What Not To Wear where a young woman was doing the pj thing out in public, the belly shirt that showed a roll, the bra straps showing under a spaghetti strapped top. Stacy and Clinton had a ball with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty