U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:55 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,822,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Well, that's YOU.

Sorry you have had bad experiences with these stores. "I" on the other hand, have not, and will continue to purchase from them and continue to look good in them as well...

Most females, I know, who are so ADAMENT, about wearing designer clothes, are dressing for other FEMALES anyway.....
I dress for myself. There's nothing wrong with shopping at Forever 21 or H&M, but you're not going to get quality there. As another poster stated, it's pretty much disposable clothing. Curiously enough, I see almost more of a judgment/bias against women who prefer to shop at higher-end stores over women who shop at lower-end stores!

(It's adamant, by the way).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 02:09 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,540,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I dress for myself. There's nothing wrong with shopping at Forever 21 or H&M, but you're not going to get quality there. As another poster stated, it's pretty much disposable clothing. Curiously enough, I see almost more of a judgment/bias against women who prefer to shop at higher-end stores over women who shop at lower-end stores!

(It's adamant, by the way).
Just like I see the same judgment/bias against women who prefer to shop at the lower end stores with some females scoffing at it and thinking they're better. Not saying YOU, in particular, just something I've noticed.

Thanks for the spell check. I was looking at the word and the spelling didn't look right to me, but decided to post it anyway....it just wasn't that deep for me to go back and edit it..Its only the internet, not English class.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:45 PM

37,131 posts, read 43,052,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkme View Post
Me, too! I actually had a Mossimo t-shirt that lasted 5 years (and never went out of style).
I have a Mossimo for Target black, long sleeved, ballet scoop neck tee that I got in 2001 that still looks brand new. No picks, pills, or fading, and I wear it VERY often, alone and as a layer.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:46 PM

37,131 posts, read 43,052,244 times
Quote:
Thanks for the spell check. I was looking at the word and the spelling didn't look right to me, but decided to post it anyway....it just wasn't that deep for me to go back and edit it..Its only the internet, not English class.
However, if you want to be taken seriously, watch your spelling.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
However, if you want to be taken seriously, watch your spelling.
First of all, don't tell me what I should do. Secondly, I really don't give a damn if you take me seriously or not. You're a font. I'm a font. I don't know you, and you don't know me. The internet is not that serious to me. I post my opinion, I try to move on, but sometimes the pettiness, such as pointing out misspelled words, pulls me back in and I have to clown. If I misspell a word, so what... It happens.

Can we get back on topic please? I was actually very interested in what people had to say about this topic and don't wish the topic to be closed or deleted because of pettiness. Panties all in bunches because of a misspelled word...

Last edited by Little Mizz Pittsburgh; 06-17-2009 at 07:09 PM..

Old 06-17-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
Expensive designer clothes for younger girls is outta control. I want to know why Mom's spend big bucks for little girl outfits?
FOR SHOW and that's it. Just so people can say 'awwww, look at her Coogi outfit' while the mother gloats. I have friends who spend big money on 'urban' brands for their BABIES and I think its quite ridiculous because in one month, they won't be able to fit it anymore. Prime example of 'dressing for other people'.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:06 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,821,006 times
Quote:
FOR SHOW and that's it. Just so people can say 'awwww, look at her Coogi outfit' while the mother gloats. I have friends who spend big money on 'urban' brands for their BABIES and I think its quite ridiculous because in one month, they won't be able to fit it anymore. Prime example of 'dressing for other people'.
Now hang on a sec....I buy nicer clothes for my DD, cause they are made better with better materials; and they last longer (with normal tomboy wear and tear) and they re-sale much better when she outgrows them.

Make no mistake though, I DO NOT buy full price, lol. I am getting her clothes anywhere from 50-80% (or more) off retail price, so no biggie, IMO.

Hell to be fair, I am almost re-selling them for as much as I paid for them when she outgrows them, lol! (ex Ed Hardy t-shirt on sale at Marshall's on clearance for $10, and re-sold it for $7)

Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Now hang on a sec....I buy nicer clothes for my DD, cause they are made better with better materials; and they last longer (with normal tomboy wear and tear) and they re-sale much better when she outgrows them.

Make no mistake though, I DO NOT buy full price, lol. I am getting her clothes anywhere from 50-80% (or more) off retail price, so no biggie, IMO.

Hell to be fair, I am almost re-selling them for as much as I paid for them when she outgrows them, lol! (ex Ed Hardy t-shirt on sale at Marshall's on clearance for $10, and re-sold it for $7)
Its WAY different when you're buying the designer brands from TJ MAXX, Marshall's, and ROSS. That's the only time my daughter will get anything designer. Other than that, I'm not going to Nordstroms, Macy's, SAK's or any other department store to pay full price, UNLESS its deeply discounted. And this goes for myself as well.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:43 AM

3,388 posts, read 5,821,006 times
Quote:
Its WAY different when you're buying the designer brands from TJ MAXX, Marshall's, and ROSS. That's the only time my daughter will get anything designer. Other than that, I'm not going to Nordstroms, Macy's, SAK's or any other department store to pay full price, UNLESS its deeply discounted. And this goes for myself as well.
I agree.

Most of my clothes are "low end designer" (Macy's wear in the mid west, lol! No Prada or Channel or anything, but stuff like Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Coach, etc...), but I don't think I have spent full price for any of them except for my Under Armor gear I used to train in, and even then, I bought them at the PX (duty free, and cheaper that stores retail price).

My motto? Why buy one thing full price, when I can buy 3 things on sale?

Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,236,463 times
Quote:
Its WAY different when you're buying the designer brands from TJ MAXX, Marshall's, and ROSS. That's the only time my daughter will get anything designer.
Those stores sell discounted name brands, not discounted designer clothes. Review the thread for clarification on the two. I find those stores to have pretty cheap quality....it's all the leftovers that department stores could not sell.

And that bold font is headache inducing....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty