U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:51 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,367,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I got what appears to be a nice white T at Bananna Republic in Manchester Vermont today for less than $12 I am wishing I got another one with a V-neck and a black one I'm not driving back tommorrow The size small is perfect!! I find it annoying because the Gap size small is giant and sometimes I would like a T to be somewhat fitted and body hugging.
Yes, I like them body hugging, too, which is why I chose the JCrew Perfect T as my T of choice for the summer....

This year I am into round necks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,890,688 times
I like a slight V neck and usually choose Calvin Klein because I like their fabric (Egyptian cotton).

I buy the men's and am ok with a loose fit. I have a friend who takes men's t-shirts in on the side-seams for those who want a more fitted look. Men's sleeves tend to be a bit longer than the women's cut. Just a thought for those who are still searching.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I like a slight V neck and usually choose Calvin Klein because I like their fabric (Egyptian cotton).

I buy the men's and am ok with a loose fit. I have a friend who takes men's t-shirts in on the side-seams for those who want a more fitted look. Men's sleeves tend to be a bit longer than the women's cut. Just a thought for those who are still searching.
Interesting idea! I'm a bit too small for men's clothes, but they do have some good stuff!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:34 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,330,686 times
Quote:
Interesting idea! I'm a bit too small for men's clothes, but they do have some good stuff!
I like boys white Hanes teeshirts (the kind that come in a 3-pack).
They look cute on women.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,890,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I wear a women's 2/4 but have broadish shoulders and narrow waist/hips, so a men's small (washed in hot water and dryed on "hi") works for me. If you are teeny tiny (sz 0ish) try the "boys" dept instead. When I was super skinny, I would look for boys 8s/10s/12s.
It's sad to say, but boys and mens clothes seem to be more well made, and of sturdier fabric, than women's and juniors.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:41 PM

11,723 posts, read 20,960,673 times
Yes, Oxy Clean works great! I have a laundry tub in the basement, I gather up my white tees that have that deodorant/perspiration staining, as well as things that get yellow streaks from hanging in the closets (louvered doors) - get hot water and mix in Oxy Clean (I use more than recommended) - mix it up, put in the whites and let soak overnight at least - then wash as usual. Did the trick for just about all the items!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I've found the best ones were from L.L. Bean online. They have several kinds, some thinner, some thicker. Some roomier, some more fitted.

I agree that I have to buy a bunch of white tees every year, and throw them out when they get yellowed. But I hate doing that. I wonder if that Oxy Clean stuff would work?

When I was younger I used to dye or tie-dye them after they got discolored. But I'm like a few minutes from 40 now, so that might look a bit cheesy at my age!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:58 PM

27,291 posts, read 34,207,676 times
My most perfect white Tee came from Target, believe it or not. I love soft cotton fabric, with a bit of stretch for a slim fit, and theirs are wonderful. And of course, you cannot beat the price.

I've had this "perfect" one for FOUR years, and I wear it over and over - just love it.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:07 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,266,887 times
Quote:
Is that what makes them so soft & comfy?

My fave t-shirts are Calvin Klein also. I buy them in an outlet and get them 2 for $30 or so. They wash well and fit well. The sleeve is not too short or too long. I like both the v-neck and scoop neck. I admit they are a bit looser on the body, but I like them that way (worn with skinny jeans ). Fitted tees are usually too small in the shoulder for me, since I am on the tall side, but thin.

If I want a more fitted tee, then I just go to Target or something. Their shirts will shrink quickly and become fitted
Also, Express is pretty decent for basics also.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I wear a women's 2/4 but have broadish shoulders and narrow waist/hips, so a men's small (washed in hot water and dryed on "hi") works for me. If you are teeny tiny (sz 0ish) try the "boys" dept instead. When I was super skinny, I would look for boys 8s/10s/12s.
It's sad to say, but boys and mens clothes seem to be more well made, and of sturdier fabric, than women's and juniors.
It's true. I will take a look at boy's. Good idea!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:16 AM

27,291 posts, read 34,207,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If I want a more fitted tee, then I just go to Target or something. Their shirts will shrink quickly and become fitted
I've never had that problem. I've been buying tees there for years, as has my son (he likes the mens athletic fit tee) and they fit me today the same as when I tried them on. But I only buy the really soft cotton ones - might just be that I always go for the ones out of that fabric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty