U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:08 PM

282 posts, read 982,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziebeth View Post
Even worse are french pedicures. You want your toenails to look like they have more growth than appropriate...really trashy.
Yes, yes, yes! (Guy talking here.)

Can someone please defend this practice? Either the nails are long and french pedicured (long toenails = gross) or they're short and made to look like the nail bed ends in the middle of the toe. Also gross. Seriously, why do women do this? I've never understood it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,231 times
My nails are weak so I have natural looking short french gels. I don't think they look tacky. I like the way they keep my nails nice for 3 weeks. I agree the long, dragon french nails are tacky.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 AM

260 posts, read 831,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Seriously, what is the purpose of any form of vanity? What's the purpose of lipstick, long hair, high-heeled shoes, eyelash extensions or anything else?

Long hair is a hygiene issue as well. It is much easier to clean and maintain short hair, but yet there are people who go around with their long, dirty, greasy hair flopping/flapping in the breeze. Or there are people who get hairweaves and extensions, which is basically sewing someone else's dead or dying hair onto your head for the purpose of having long hair. What's the point?

Obviously people do things that are not always clean in the name of vanity.
Boy, this is a tough crowd!!

First of all, I have to comment about long hair being a hygiene issue. Where did you ever get that idea? It's the same process to wash hair no matter what the length. It's just a matter of doing it. My hair is tailbone length and it's healthy and clean, and could be cleaner than some people with short hair, so please don't make assumptions. It's rude and tacky.

Lipstick. I have to agree with that. I've never really liked it and never wear it now. It does look pretty on some women and it's their choice.

High heels.. I love the look and design of high heels, I love the way it makes legs seem longer. I don't like walking in them and now I can't even wear them anyway. I use to buy a half dozen pair of shoes at a time, but now, due to a leg injury I only wear Crocs (Please! No nasty comments about those... at this point I'm just lucky I can walk and Crocs are comfortable for my damaged leg and foot)

Fake eyelashes are just for fun. I don't wear them anymore, but I did when I was younger. People always commented on my eyes. But I don't understand the need of going to the doctor to get a prescription for Latisse to make your lashes grow longer.

Hair extensions look painful!! I use to wear what was called "hair falls", and then were fun and easy to use and not hard on the hair.

Fingernails... (sigh), I have tried for years to stop biting my nails and let them grow just a little bit. It only happened 3 times... for my wedding, and when I was pregnant with my two children. I personally love looking at nail art (as well as henna and tattoos), but I gave up any idea that I could do it myself.
I liked the edgy idea of black painted nails on my bitten fingernails....
And if you have gunk under your nails... someone needs to introduce you to soap and water.

I also love watching the make up tutorials on You Tube.

People have decorated themselves as a way of standing out and being an individual since the beginning of time. If you don't like it, don't do it.

All of this stuff is just fun or should be. But when it becomes life or death, well... I'm just glad I have more important things to do with my life.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:27 AM

272 posts, read 570,761 times
Their great to rake down a man's back, seems to really turn them on....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty