U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,163,063 times

Advertisements

I have fallen asleep before while getting work done. Also, one of my artists was getting work done on his face by one of the other guys in the shop. I was there for the entire thing watching and he did indeed fall asleep while having his face worked on.

As far as this story goes. I think the girl is certainly lying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 12:57 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,856,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indie05 View Post
Really????
Oh yeah, the only one I didn't fall asleep on was my 1st, and it wasn't painful to me.

The other ones (back of my neck, ankle, hip area, and shoulder) I did fall asleep with, since (IMO) the vibrations from the gun are relaxing. But then again, I hate light massages, and prefer the very deep tissue massages, and fall asleep during those too, lol.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:31 PM

2,949 posts, read 12,317,006 times
Hmmm ... they look like they were glued on -- take a close look.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:33 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,163,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
Hmmm ... they look like they were glued on -- take a close look.

Looks to me like the artist just has a bit of a heavy hand and there is some scarring, and new tattoos will be raised like that as well, to some extent.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM

4,557 posts, read 9,899,297 times
Well, let's say for the sake of argument that she did really say she only wanted 3 - but she's claiming that within that SHORT time to have 3 stars put on her she fell asleep? So even that is unbelievable.

Those of us who have had tattoos done - what's your guess on how long it would take to do three of those stars? 10 minutes MAX. And considering they look like they were freehanded...I'd give him 5.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 PM

14,254 posts, read 19,508,504 times
I think there is something fishy going on here and I dont think for one minute that a tatt artist would do this knowing they would be risking their license for this . Nope sorry I dont believe her for a minute . I think her mom is angry and her friends think it looks dumb so now she will make an issue of it .

Old 06-17-2009, 04:23 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,383,868 times
Why would you want to get a tat on your face? Yikes.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:45 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,203,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Why would you want to get a tat on your face? Yikes.

I have my eyebrows tattooed on, that kinda works, right??

Yeah, I don't believe that story for a minute. There is NO WAY that she could have fallen asleep in the time it should have taken them to do 3 small star tattoos. Plus, she's kind of a dumbass if she didn't make the tattoo artist draw out what he was going to do and then let her double check it before he started... ESPECIALLY on the face!

My artist won't even go above the collarbone unless you have extensive work done. He isn't afraid to turn someone away. She doesn't look like she has any extensive coverage so he should have told her to go away and come back when she was ready for such a huge commitment.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM

733 posts, read 1,744,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have my eyebrows tattooed on, that kinda works, right??

Yeah, I don't believe that story for a minute. There is NO WAY that she could have fallen asleep in the time it should have taken them to do 3 small star tattoos. Plus, she's kind of a dumbass if she didn't make the tattoo artist draw out what he was going to do and then let her double check it before he started... ESPECIALLY on the face!

My artist won't even go above the collarbone unless you have extensive work done. He isn't afraid to turn someone away. She doesn't look like she has any extensive coverage so he should have told her to go away and come back when she was ready for such a huge commitment.
exactly. ANY respectable artist would have turned her away as soon as she said she wanted it on her face. and again, like you said, most artist wouldn't even consider doing ANY work above the collar bone, on the hands, or face unless you are already extensively covered.

I Have 49 hours of work (not a lot by some peoples standards, but enough) and my artist would NEVER consider doing a neck, face, or hand tattoo for ME!

I think it was a big mistake by the artist, but she is a bigger liar......

Old 06-17-2009, 07:46 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,834,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A teenage girl is suing a tattoo artist for £10,000 after she allegedly asked him for three stars on her face - but ended up with 56.

Eighteen-year-old Kimberley Vlaminck paid £55 for 'the graffiti that has ruined my life' in her Belgian home town of Courtrai.

Scarred for life: The teenager who asked tattooist for THREE stars on her face and ended up with a constellation | Mail Online

This story is SO BIZARRE:

1. How do you fall asleep during a Tattoo sitting?

I have 6 tats and even if I wanted to I would not be able to NAP DURING THAT TYPE OF PROCESS unless I was knocked out unconsious and unaware of my surroundings.

2. You ask for 3 and end up with 56 but don't ask " Um, how long does 3 stars actually take"

Oh yea, she was sleeping? Unless she was WASTED to the point where she did not even know her name or that she was in a Tattoo shop about to get inked is beyond me how you not going to know your getting WAY MORE then 3 stars

3. If she was DRUNK OR HIGH the Tattoist should of NEVER attempted to do anything under the condition she might of been in and without a parent or legal guardian present

Either the girl was at wrong or the Tattoist or maybe even both played a part in this BIZARRE and SAD story. Her face is RUINED for life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty