Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 03:06 PM

217 posts, read 961,150 times

Advertisements

Tired of using the cheap stuff: Barbasol shaving cream, CVS after shave...etc. Does anyone know which of the following brand lines of men's grooming products they would recommend based on experience.

Anthony Logistics
Zirh
Lab Series
Every Man Jack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,318,333 times
My hubby uses "Nivea for men" and is happy with them... they're not expensive but the quality is excellent.
Never heard of the brands you are listing there.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,044,034 times
I've also never heard of the brands listed. My husband really likes the new Dial glycerin body bar soap (soft & clean, white tea and vitamin e) that I've recently begun purchasing. It smells really good on him, too! He uses that to shave in the shower and wash his hair, even, too. He likes to keep things really simple. In winter, sometimes his skin gets a little dry and he'll use some of my Aveeno lotion. But ordinarily, he really can't stand using lotions. Before this Dial soap, I was buying Dr. Bronner's unscented liquid castille soap and we used that in the shower. That stuff is really wonderful, too. It's super concentrated as well, so you dilute it and a small bottle goes a really long way. I just had a coupon for the Dial bar soap stuff and tried it, and we ended up really liking it.

And for his hair... he just keeps his hair cut in a way that he doesn't need any styling aids or anything. Sometimes he'll run some aloe vera through it if it's getting a bit long and needs some control. I know it sounds weird, but aloe vera actually works really great for him as a sort of hair gel. And it's all natural.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:21 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
What exactly are you talking about? Shaving cream? Hair products? After shave? The only one you listed that I heard of is Zirh (sp) and I think I only used a small sample size of their after shave some years ago.

I use and really like:

L'Occitane's CADE After shave balm - $30.00 for 2.5 oz
L'Occitane's CADE youth concentrate skin cream - $36.00 for 1.7oz
L'Occitane's CADE shaving cream - $30.00 for 5 oz (does not foam very well though)
L'Occitane's CADE after shave splash - $20.00 for days I dont wear cologne
Aftershave scents that match cologne from major cologne brands
American Crew Styling Gel
American Crew daily moisterizing shampoo
American Crew leave in conditioner

I also really like Clinique products:

Dramatically different moisterizing lotion
Clarifying lotion #2 or #3

Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
My hubby uses "Nivea for men" and is happy with them... they're not expensive but the quality is excellent.
Never heard of the brands you are listing there.
I use the Nivea after shave lotion. It is not scented and is a good moisterizer.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,725,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
I've also never heard of the brands listed. My husband really likes the new Dial glycerin body bar soap (soft & clean, white tea and vitamin e) that I've recently begun purchasing. It smells really good on him, too! He uses that to shave in the shower and wash his hair, even, too. He likes to keep things really simple. In winter, sometimes his skin gets a little dry and he'll use some of my Aveeno lotion. But ordinarily, he really can't stand using lotions. Before this Dial soap, I was buying Dr. Bronner's unscented liquid castille soap and we used that in the shower. That stuff is really wonderful, too. It's super concentrated as well, so you dilute it and a small bottle goes a really long way. I just had a coupon for the Dial bar soap stuff and tried it, and we ended up really liking it.

And for his hair... he just keeps his hair cut in a way that he doesn't need any styling aids or anything. Sometimes he'll run some aloe vera through it if it's getting a bit long and needs some control. I know it sounds weird, but aloe vera actually works really great for him as a sort of hair gel. And it's all natural.
Tell him to try Tigi "After Party". My wife and I both use it. It is a pomade cream and runs about $18 a tube.

Old 06-17-2009, 12:50 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,390,804 times
I tend to use Zirh and Kiehl's for the most part, but also have had success with Neutrogena products.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:40 AM

217 posts, read 961,150 times
thanks for the replies, I will look into trying neutrogena and zirh for shaving/skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty