U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:28 AM

99 posts, read 291,021 times

Advertisements

As I teenager I thought Dr Scholl sandals looked great. They even had a typed that the sole didnt have a heel for awhile.Now that Im hearing about the hump, wonder if the good doctor himself knew of this. Candies, weren't they the wooden heeled slide sandal? I know they had to hurt, probably just for looks. Earth shoes even went out of style. Flats style now in. If Dr Scholl sandals made a comeback its not in the MId-Altantic area. The reason I brought up this thread is that stopped at a restauarnt close to I-95 and saw a woman with them. Most be around another region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 11:42 AM

5,008 posts, read 7,993,486 times
Well, where I live, people are still wearing and buying Earth shoes - excuse me, Earth "footwear."

Earth Shoes: Comfortable Stylish Shoes, Exerfit, Health Shoe

Old 06-21-2009, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 8,587 times
I see that the trend is for these to go away. They have decreased 50% in price and are being cleared out of the larger stores here. It may not take effect this year, but it is happening. The number of pairs of the lookalikes is going down as well.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:18 PM

4,980 posts, read 8,569,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Remember them. Never could wear them 'cause of the "lump" just inder the toes. They still make 'em ya know. Even a knock off style at W-mart.

I saw the present day models from Scholls in a catalog. They wanted $80 bucks for them. When we bought them at the drugstore when I was a kid, they were dirt cheap.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:49 PM

218 posts, read 1,022,195 times
I had a couple of pairs back in high school. Everyone wore them and we did have great legs in those days! I bought a pair at Target a few years ago when I lived in NC and couldn't stand them. I had blisters galore and they were just painful to wear. My husband had a pair of Earth shoes back then and he says they were really comfortable. Now those were some ugly shoes

Old 06-21-2009, 06:55 PM

5,008 posts, read 7,993,486 times
Well, since the OP brought up Dr. Scholl's sandals, I went and Googled them. Heck, there's a ton of styles since I last bought any Dr. Scholl's shoes...I would try some of the flats on if I saw them in stores.

Dr. Scholl's Shoes, Dr. Scholl's Sandals, Dr. Scholl's Clogs

Old 06-21-2009, 08:27 PM

3,545 posts, read 8,124,436 times
I had them in the 70's and again when they came back again in the 90's - I did feel an exercising effect on my calves and love the fact that they were real wood.

Also had Earth shoes in middle school - everyone did - very ugly shoe

Also remember a shoe with a big rippled wedge - very ugly and strange.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:41 PM

99 posts, read 291,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I saw the present day models from Scholls in a catalog. They wanted $80 bucks for them. When we bought them at the drugstore when I was a kid, they were dirt cheap.
In todays market $80 is quite steep no wonder you dont see anymore of them if flip-flops only cost a couple of bucks.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 AM

32,938 posts, read 61,427,725 times
I had a pair of Bicentennial Dr. Scholl's -- one strap was blue, the other was red. I also had a pair in bone, and in navy.

When I was a teenager, they were quite comfortable -- from May through October, that was all I wore. I bought another pair 15 years later, and couldn't wear them past the front door. Owie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
I had a pair of Earth shoes during the same era. Lower in the back than in the front - wierd!
They were the best -- so easy on the feet!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 AM

128 posts, read 576,209 times
I had a red pair of Dr. Scholl's in 1968. I guess that makes me a trend setter albeit an old one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty