U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 PM

681 posts, read 4,321,313 times

Advertisements

Hooray! I found something that Ulta that does a pretty good job of covering it. It's called Amazing Cosmetics. I had the girl there show me how I should put it on, and so far, I am liking how much better it looks! Of course, that's on top of the sunscreen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 3,075 times
I just got this darkening on my upper lip too, I do not know why, but I'm suspecting a product line that I've been using for acne, which unfortunately is the only acne product that has ever worked for me. Ug, everytime I look in the mirror I see this horrible stache, and it's not hair either.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,892,864 times
Dark Upper Lip

That article lists a bunch of different reasons. Try the Juice Beauty line to get rid of it and treat the acne:
Peels and Serums
(blemish clearing one, a little goes a long way.)

One that is not listed is a nutritional issue. Make sure you are getting enough iron, and b-vitamins in your diet. A darkening upper lip is also just a normal sign of age coming on. Taking vitamin e and calcium helps improve the way your skin looks too.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Dark Upper Lip

That article lists a bunch of different reasons. Try the Juice Beauty line to get rid of it and treat the acne:
Peels and Serums
(blemish clearing one, a little goes a long way.)

One that is not listed is a nutritional issue. Make sure you are getting enough iron, and b-vitamins in your diet. A darkening upper lip is also just a normal sign of age coming on. Taking vitamin e and calcium helps improve the way your skin looks too.
Age coming on as in how old? I'm 28.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM

8,415 posts, read 35,892,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel2882 View Post
Age coming on as in how old? I'm 28.
Well that is the age that visual things can start. You skin changes every decade about. But you are coming up on fine lines, oil balance change and maybe a bout of adult acne (only some people seem to have to deal with it).

Look at other 28 year old you know that is a lot less healthy than you. Smokers especially. They show a ton of aging usually by that age.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well that is the age that visual things can start. You skin changes every decade about. But you are coming up on fine lines, oil balance change and maybe a bout of adult acne (only some people seem to have to deal with it).

Look at other 28 year old you know that is a lot less healthy than you. Smokers especially. They show a ton of aging usually by that age.
I know I'm getting old, haha. However, I don't tend to see anyone else with this issue...if they do have a dark upper lip, it's because of hair, which mine is not. Although I did find make up for this a while back, it didn't quite do the trick like I thought it was. I still feel like people must be zooming in on my "mustache" when they look at me. Ugh. If this is something that has to do with age, so be it...but how can I hide it!?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,871 times
Usually glycolic acid peel takes good care of sun spots and localized darker skin, especially when the problem was caused by sun exposition. A visit to a dermatologist to discuss the issue of a peeling would not hurt, imho.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,571 times
I have a dark shadow above my upper lip too. Like where a mustache would be. I also go tanning in the tanning beds and am wondering if that is why but i also notice a small brown patch on my forhead as well. is there somethng cheap over the counter i can buy to lighten this? Will it go away on it's own or should i seek medical help?

Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM

2,756 posts, read 5,493,332 times
Cut down on the chocolate milk.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:40 PM

4,167 posts, read 5,027,344 times
Just another possibility, if you use a bronzer/self-tanner, you can get a bronzer moustache.

iI also go tanning in the tanning beds and am wondering if that is why but i also notice a small brown patch on my forhead as well.

These areas are closer to the lights and thus get a higher-intensity dose. Either use UVA/UVB block on those areas or stop using the tanning beds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or