U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,132 times

Advertisements

hi

do u maybe know some cream that can help me get rid off my darker skin on my neck and my elbows:/ it's so disguisting and in my country we don't have creams like that.. at least they are not popular so i would like to order some online..

if you dont know any could you find out for me? thanks

P.S. it looks like i didnt wash that places i must get ridd of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 01:43 AM

2 posts, read 17,819 times
I can only suggest the best skin lightening cream that worked for me. I have dark spots (as well as acne scars), so I've tried a lot of products through the years. Right now, I'm happy with the results I get with the use of Whiterderm because it really does lighten. It was recommended by a friend, you can find it online. I'm just not sure it's a good idea to lighten your freckles.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:58 AM

14 posts, read 29,216 times
is bleach is harmful for skin??

Old 08-17-2011, 11:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,074 times
@soobsyolpur: I think that depends on the ingredients of bleach that you intend to use and the frequency of usage. As long as the bleaching cream does not contain mercury, hydroquinone, alpha hydroxy acids and arsenic, I think, it is safe to use.

@bedacha: Why don't you try using home skin lightening remedies first? You can combine lemon juice and honey and apply them on your dark spots. Let the solution sit on the area for at least 5-10 minutes then rinse it well. If you really prefer to use a skin lightening cream, however, just like bhems20, the only product I can suggest is Whiterderm because it is what I'm using right now. You can find it online just drop by at their site.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:03 AM

1 posts, read 4,030 times
I used Whiterderm too. I never heard about it until my roommate mentioned it. She gave me a bottle because she said she bought two and she didn't need the other bottle anymore because she had already evened out her skin tone. I thought I had nothing to lose by trying it out on my scars so I did. I've noticed that the scars really became lighter and less visible. Awesome.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:10 PM

861 posts, read 942,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
I am going to buy one today, for the dark freckles on my nose. I don't mind freckles..but mine aren't really cute...I wish they were..but they look ..well...they just don't flow with my face lol. They are from sun damage.

I want to make sure I buy a decent lightening lotion. Can you suggest a few? I'm not going to put it all over..just on the ridge of the top of my nose where the sun spots are.

I'm hoping for results in 1-2 months.
The one's you get prescribed by a doctor

Old 09-08-2011, 01:50 PM

6,473 posts, read 14,249,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeler View Post
I used Whiterderm too. I never heard about it until my roommate mentioned it. She gave me a bottle because she said she bought two and she didn't need the other bottle anymore because she had already evened out her skin tone. I thought I had nothing to lose by trying it out on my scars so I did. I've noticed that the scars really became lighter and less visible. Awesome.
Wow why can't I figure out such a "slick" way to try to get free promotion for my product on the internet? Hey you GUYS! I use a product called PookieDerm! It works Great! All you have to do is call 1800-Kinky-toes and I'll send you a bottle. At only $1000 a bottle, it is a real BARGAIN... It has really reduced my scars and evened out my skin!

Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 PM

460 posts, read 1,099,677 times
I use Obagi Clear and ordered it online through skincarerx (reputable website). It's 4% hydroquinone. I bought it directly from my dermatologist but found it is slightly cheaper online. You could even call dermatologists in town and ask if they carry Obagi products. They will probably sell it to you without a prescription.

p.s. This is a safe product. I discussed any possible risks of hydroquinone with my doctor and it is fine. Don't buy crap that you haven't heard of....especially from overseas.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM

680 posts, read 1,580,722 times
As mentioned, a prescription strength retinoid would be the place to start. I have not found it to have much of an affect on spots, but it does really brighten your skin, tighten your pores and it is the ONLY product clinically proven to reduce wrinkles.

But it you want real results, shell out the $$ for photofacial/IPL laser treatment. I got unbelievable results with this procedure, most of my hyper-pigmentation (sun damage, freckles) just flaked right off after a single treatment.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:22 AM

2 posts, read 5,936 times
i won't recommend hydroquinone for it is too harmful for the skin. there are skin lightening creams that do not contain hydroquinone but include natural ingredients. search for brands like this and check out the ingredients. one is NeuCell. another is Garnier, and many more. helpful ingredients are lanolin (natural moisturizer) and Diacetyl Boldine (skin lightening agent).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty