Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM

121 posts, read 353,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksn75 View Post
I use Obagi Clear and ordered it online through skincarerx (reputable website). It's 4% hydroquinone. I bought it directly from my dermatologist but found it is slightly cheaper online. You could even call dermatologists in town and ask if they carry Obagi products. They will probably sell it to you without a prescription.

p.s. This is a safe product. I discussed any possible risks of hydroquinone with my doctor and it is fine. Don't buy crap that you haven't heard of....especially from overseas.
Getting a Rx for Hydroquinone 4% from your doctor might be cheaper than buying the Obagi Clear. I just bought the Obagi Nu Derm kit online at www.essentialdayspa.com they had really good prices just incase you continue to purchase Obagi products. I did my research on the company and it's registered with the BBB and has been in business for 25yrs. Once I run out of product I'm going to get a Rx for Hydro from my doctor and continue to use the Tretinoin cream and make my homemade cheaper version of "Obagi Nu Derm"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,188 times
Default Skin Lightening Cream

Sensitive skin are at a disadvantage when it comes to cosmetics and skin creams Some people will break out in a rash, have red, irritated blotches or suffer from itchiness when using some products. An entire industry has developed around the use of sensitive skin products that are hypoallergenic and have anti-inflammatory properties. Best cream for facial skin bleaching and lightening cream is one that comes from nature and contain all natural ingredients. We should Use a skin lightening cream which not only protects your skin from the sun but also works day-in and day-out to lighten the skin and before trying out any cream on your skin make sure that you read all the list of ingredients it has in it. It should not have any chemicals like Parabens, mineral oils, petrolatum etc. These chemicals can harm your skin and make things even worse by causing side effects like skin irritation, dryness etc

Old 04-03-2013, 06:26 AM

61 posts, read 74,610 times
Try neoprosone. Lightens you up really quick

Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 AM

95 posts, read 198,436 times
Nyanna is in da house!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
I saw someone mention products from Japan. American products are definitely the best and most reliable. There are so many products out there, it must be difficult for someone who is not already familiar. A good rule thumb is anything that is celebrity fad based. There is a great skin bleach called Hollywood Bleach. You can probably find it on eBay or its site.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:24 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,269,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
The kind you buy in stores is only 2% hydroquin (bad spelling). I did this and got very weak results. Go to a dermatologist and get a prescription for the 4% perscription cream. OMG! You see results in a few weeks, it works great. Don't waste your time on the 2%.
^
This is the only thing that REALLY works. I but from a pharmacy in India no script needed and I've never had a problem. Super cheap- like 4$ a tube but shipping is 25 so buy in bulk.

I've used in past for freckles and age spots. Start fading immediately and when i was using it, i started getting carded again.

Yes, it IS a bleach, so know the risks.

Good luck!

Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,269,198 times
Ps- I think the brand is Johnson and Johnson. Most of our generic meds are made in India so it is less risky and more regulated than you think. I've also bought very cheap and effective Renova and Retin A micro generic there. J&J again I believe.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum333 View Post
I am going to buy one today, for the dark freckles on my nose. I don't mind freckles..but mine aren't really cute...I wish they were..but they look ..well...they just don't flow with my face lol. They are from sun damage.

I want to make sure I buy a decent lightening lotion. Can you suggest a few? I'm not going to put it all over..just on the ridge of the top of my nose where the sun spots are.

I'm hoping for results in 1-2 months.
If I were to ask... Which you would you prefer?
Option 1. ---- Buying any skin whitening manufactured products?
Or
Option 2. ---- Making your own whitening solution/recipe at your own home?

Benefits:
Option 1. ---- No hassles! No any other things to get your hands on dirty! All are just acquired and apply on your skin.
Option 2. ---- You know it's ingredients so you know that it is safe. You get to learn on it's actual ingredients and if you find it very effective you can advertise and sell it to your friends..

Now.. from those choices above? Which would you choose? Base on the benefits that you could have.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,033 times
Option 2.

The only natural product I know for a fact that would work is lemon juice. When I was a kid, one of my neighbors used to always suck on lemons for some reason. I guess she was addicted? Anyway, she sucked on them so much that her lips turned very pale. This was a black kid.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 AM

466 posts, read 581,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedacha View Post
hi
do u maybe know some cream that can help me get rid off my darker skin on my neck and my elbows:/ it's so disguisting and in my country we don't have creams like that.. at least they are not popular so i would like to order some online..
if you dont know any could you find out for me? thanks
P.S. it looks like i didnt wash that places i must get ridd of it
Bedacha: I am thinking of getting Monsia Skincare's Skin Lightening Cream with Hyaluronic Acid for the liver spot I have on my left cheek. It is available online. "Ingredients such as Shea Butter, Hyaluronic Acid and collagen, this cream also includes the skin lightening and toning components glycerin, emu oil and aloe vera". If you do get it keep in touch and we can compare notes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty