U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:02 AM

14,658 posts, read 12,080,591 times

Advertisements

I wear a hat every day. Don't feel dressed without one. Either a cowboy hat or a ball cap depending on what I'm doing that day. It's not a fashion thing. It's a necessity. Keeps the sun off, or the cobwebs out of my hair etc. The only time I turn a ball cap backwards is when I crawl under houses and such, that being because the bill being forward makes it impossible to see when your cramped in, but the hat keeps the crap of my head and helps a LOT when I bump my head on the floor joice. In this situation the backward bill can sometimes keep a nasty eight legged critter from dropping down the back of my neck as well. LMAO, it's not always about how something looks when considering how one dresses. A hat is just part of my gear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM

5,823 posts, read 10,370,590 times
In my country , most of the people who wear baseballs caps are young yobs/chavs.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:04 AM

727 posts, read 1,709,661 times
??????? Why do people wear clothes? Should I not socialize with people who wear tight jeans? This is just stupid!! and yes I wear my baseball caps every which way and its not me trying to be cool! Its me just having fun with the clothes I wear.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:05 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,002,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Truth be known, I think men and women wonder if a person is hiding a bald head underneath (because so many balding guys do just that) that cap. Plus, wear it often enough without washing it (like so many men do-lol) and the grime build-up leaves them with the impression that you are nasty/filthy.

Balding guys wear hats becuase it protect their head from the sun.

I wear a hat to the gym becuase my head is shaved bald, and rather than sweat all over equipment and myself I wear a hat or bandanna.

My gf prefers I wear a hat, she mentions I look cuter. Personally I just think she despises my bald head.

I get more attention from women when I wear a hat, pretty odd.

Hats are trendy, as someone said in here when they match. I wear hats to clubs and bars when dress codes permit.

I am confident in myself, I have a nice body and think I have a great personality, I could care less about my bald head I like to wear hats and it's not becuase I am hiding something.

Ps. I have about 15 hats

Old 06-25-2009, 10:17 AM

14,658 posts, read 12,080,591 times
Lol, my work hats aren't the prettiest things. No sense in that. But they are a part of what I do, not who I am. It's not like I'm going to take my wife out to a nice dinner wearing a filthy plumbers cap. I can't fathom why anyone would stigmatize the wearing of a hat. Yea the wannabe bangers with their twisted NFL or NBA hats and the baggy clothes look like dorks (cus they are) but the clothes are who they are. Or want to be anyway. This 'issue' should be examined on a case by case basis I guess.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:29 PM

5,500 posts, read 20,383,868 times
I wear baseball caps occasionally when I go for a run to block the sun.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:45 PM

13,779 posts, read 24,039,114 times
I don't mind baseball caps but when they are worn to the side it bugs me.

Old 06-25-2009, 12:51 PM

21,230 posts, read 5,704,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Are people who wear Baseball Caps Cool? Or are they just posers who think they're cool by wearing a baseball cap, and usually backwards?

Have you ever socialized with such people and how did they turn out?

I don't try to be cool by wearing a baseball cap... not my thing...
It depends on whether they're standing under a fan or in front of an air conditioner.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:27 PM

7,437 posts, read 17,005,200 times
It's really a "no brainer" type thing.......if you don't like wearing baseball caps, then DON'T wear them! If you don't like men or women wearing baseball caps, don't associate with the ones that do! Wife and I wear them JUST to wear them, not even thinking about being "cool looking"! Where this generation got the idea of wearing it backwards on their head, I haven't got a clue! Shoot, my old farm buddies from high school, the ones that still farm at age 55+, still wear a baseball cap while doing farm work.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:38 PM

551 posts, read 1,748,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I cannot stand these hats! Forwards or backwards! I think they're a poor substitute for fashion and just make me think someone's covering up bad hair or something. U-gagly! Who needs to look like a duck? Unless it's an improvement.
OK, knock me down and call me stupid, but I don't get it. It took until page 5 or 6 for some people to bring up why a lot of people wear baseball caps--to cover their eyes from the sun. Does most of the people on here live in areas where it doesn't get sunny to the point where you can't see when you are trying to look at something because the sun is blinding you? Put on a baseball cap and the problem is solved. Or are most people on here the type of people who cover their eyes with their hands and squint when the sun is blinding them? Or are most people on here not outside in daylight? So being able to see is a bad substitute to fashion? At least (and I'm not referring to anyone on here!) but at least I also don't wear shorts with a t-shirt tucked in and tube socks pulled up to my knees! Now there's a fashion issue. But yeah, I sometimes wear hats. When it is sunny outside and I forgot my sunglasses or I have my sunglasses but I don't want the top of my head to burn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty