U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM

7,763 posts, read 14,679,061 times

Advertisements

I don't mind when people wear baseballs caps like they should be worn, but when I see guys who wear them to the side, backwards or just barely on their head, the first thing that comes to my mind is...well, let's just say it's a term related to feminine hygiene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 01:48 PM

3,088 posts, read 7,868,248 times
they are cool because it keeps their head from being hot

Old 06-25-2009, 01:53 PM

551 posts, read 1,749,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't mind when people wear baseballs caps like they should be worn, but when I see guys who wear them to the side, backwards or just barely on their head, the first thing that comes to my mind is...well, let's just say it's a term related to feminine hygiene.
Like the sounds that's made when a vinager truck collides with a water truck?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 PM

857 posts, read 1,278,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Are people who wear Baseball Caps Cool? Or are they just posers who think they're cool by wearing a baseball cap, and usually backwards?
Have you ever socialized with such people and how did they turn out?
I don't try to be cool by wearing a baseball cap... not my thing...
Lol, you sound like a crotchety old man who is complaining about them damn kids wearing them hats in a crazy direction. I wear mine backwards (except when the sun is in my face) and I have never thought of it as a statement or trying to be cool. Its just comfortable and you dont have to worry about your hair, like when you sleep in and are running out the door to make it to class w/o showering Its like the male equivalent of the pony tail.

As sad as it is I think there is an age limit for people who wear that hats in a direction other than forward.. I'm guessing 30 but I dont really know. For now I am just going to keep wearing what I feel like and not worry whether anyone thinks its cool or not.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM

5,008 posts, read 7,996,876 times
Around where I live, I don't actually see a lot of men wearing baseball caps at all. I mostly see women wearing baseball caps doing their early morning walk. Or in the afternoons when I'm driving home from work.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:13 PM

28,905 posts, read 47,655,782 times
Cool is what's under the scalp, not over it.

That being said, inside the house or at the dinner table, or at the movies is definitely not cool, no matter how you wear the thing.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:20 PM

6,814 posts, read 8,857,268 times
My husband is way cool and he wears a baseball hat. Heck, I sometimes wear one too!! Yup, I'm cool

Old 06-25-2009, 07:48 PM

41,890 posts, read 41,322,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post

Does the first word start with "D" and the second starts with "B"

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM

25,906 posts, read 37,202,333 times
Drill bit? Drum beat? Dog bite?

Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM

27,475 posts, read 34,340,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
OK, knock me down and call me stupid, but I don't get it. It took until page 5 or 6 for some people to bring up why a lot of people wear baseball caps--to cover their eyes from the sun. Does most of the people on here live in areas where it doesn't get sunny to the point where you can't see when you are trying to look at something because the sun is blinding you? Put on a baseball cap and the problem is solved. Or are most people on here the type of people who cover their eyes with their hands and squint when the sun is blinding them? Or are most people on here not outside in daylight? So being able to see is a bad substitute to fashion?
When someone picks you up for dinner at 7, and never takes the freakin' hat off, even at the dang restaurant, I assure you it has nothing to do with being able to see. First, and LAST, date by the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty