U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:14 AM
 
Location: OKC
551 posts, read 1,746,982 times
Reputation: 416

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh I assure you hon...definitely not me!
And here I thought everybody liked my beer pong hat! I would have shared...if it were you of course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Incognito
7,005 posts, read 18,867,096 times
Reputation: 5467
It must be a NY Yankees cap only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:22 AM
 
5,258 posts, read 8,146,678 times
Reputation: 3286
I sometimes wear baseball caps if it's really hot outside. I've never thought of caps as a 'cool' issue; it's all about comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Omaha
2,716 posts, read 6,281,895 times
Reputation: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I sometimes wear baseball caps if it's really hot outside. I've never thought of caps as a 'cool' issue; it's all about comfort.
Unless they are a straight billed wearing d-bag? Then it is uncool...imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Incognito
7,005 posts, read 18,867,096 times
Reputation: 5467
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I sometimes wear baseball caps if it's really hot outside. I've never thought of caps as a 'cool' issue; it's all about comfort.
Amanda, you wouldn't be cool if you wear a cap. You'd be hotter than what you already are!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 10:36 AM
 
26,405 posts, read 25,134,015 times
Reputation: 16134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
No, they just want to be cool people. Often they have a problem with their own self esteem. Either that or they are bald.
are you kidding? I mean for real?

all kinds of people wear baseball caps, young, medium age and even older people....sheesh, I cannot believe this is even a thread?

Lots and lots of people wear them just to jog, especially women?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
1,289 posts, read 2,427,061 times
Reputation: 3689
Depends on the kind of baseball cap and how it's being worn. My SO wears one every day, but its not one of those silly straight-brimmed ones with something lame emblazoned on it, it has the logo for the company he works for on it. Plus he works outside and it keeps the sun out of his eyes. I don't think its poser-ish of him at all.

I know a lot of guys who wear them, sometimes backwards, but I don't associate with anyone who wears the silly straight-brimmed hats, or anyone who wears them sideways or at any funny angles.

What's with all the hate for baseball caps anyways? Seems a bit silly to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Wyoming
9,642 posts, read 17,873,989 times
Reputation: 14471


I seriously don't get it. Are there really that many dermatologists on this board that need skin cancer patients? I've never been crazy about wearing a hat, but I was taught to wear one when I was a Kansas farm kid, and I quickly learned that keeping the sun out of one's eyes was the best way to see things more clearly. I still resisted them (didn't like sweaty hair), but now I'm paying the price with skin cancer. I can't count how many lesions I've had to have removed from my face and head. Most have been basil cell carcinomas, but the latest one -- from which I'm still healing -- was a melanoma. (Scars are really cool, eh? Almost as cool as death?)

For heaven's sake, folks, get a clue! I don't care what kind of hat you wear, but head gear is important, either for protection from the sun or from the cold. I don't care if it's sexy pink satin or a grungy black denim, covering your head is more important than covering your butt, and anyone who doesn't recognize that needs some education. If there's a foolish fashion statement, it's going hatless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 12:55 PM
 
Location: OKC
551 posts, read 1,746,982 times
Reputation: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post


I seriously don't get it. Are there really that many dermatologists on this board that need skin cancer patients? I've never been crazy about wearing a hat, but I was taught to wear one when I was a Kansas farm kid, and I quickly learned that keeping the sun out of one's eyes was the best way to see things more clearly. I still resisted them (didn't like sweaty hair), but now I'm paying the price with skin cancer. I can't count how many lesions I've had to have removed from my face and head. Most have been basil cell carcinomas, but the latest one -- from which I'm still healing -- was a melanoma. (Scars are really cool, eh? Almost as cool as death?)

For heaven's sake, folks, get a clue! I don't care what kind of hat you wear, but head gear is important, either for protection from the sun or from the cold. I don't care if it's sexy pink satin or a grungy black denim, covering your head is more important than covering your butt, and anyone who doesn't recognize that needs some education. If there's a foolish fashion statement, it's going hatless.
Yes. All the inshape ladies out there. It doesn't matter if you are ugly anymore! Your face should be covered! Now strip from the waist down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2009, 01:02 PM
 
5,258 posts, read 8,146,678 times
Reputation: 3286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Amanda, you wouldn't be cool if you wear a cap. You'd be hotter than what you already are!!
Oh you...you're too much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top