Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:32 PM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times

Advertisements

Well, with this being said, wife and I are also way cool looking with a baseball cap on......and we are in our early 60's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
My husband is way cool and he wears a baseball hat. Heck, I sometimes wear one too!! Yup, I'm cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 AM

612 posts, read 1,842,988 times
I wear ball caps all the time. So many reasons why:
-My hair is never straight regardless of how much gel I put in my hair. A lot of times, I have a shaved head. The only time I won't wear it is for work, a date, or my hair is good enough.
-I played sports a lot (especially baseball) so it has grown on me to wear a cap everywhere.
-To protect from the sun.... DUH!
-It is who I am... People expect to see my in a ballcap. Some people don't recognize me w/o one (weird I know).

It is mainly a fashion accessory for me. I don't care what you think about me or anyone wearing one. I personally love a chick who can rock a hat (not so much a cowgirl hat). It shows that they can let loose not care TOO much about their looks.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:58 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,845,674 times
Whether or not a baseball cap is cool is dependent on the team the person is representing.

Old 06-27-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
Whether or not a baseball cap is cool is dependent on the team the person is representing.
What difference does it make?? (Hypothetically) Are you going to beat me up for supporting the Kansas Jayhawks while you are a Kansas State Wildcat fan?? I mean if I was to go to KSU, I most definitely would not wear a KU hat.

But I've been to KU and seen plenty of KSU hats. No difference.

Some people may throw a fit about it but it's just a hat. Unless you really want to rep your team!

Last edited by Johnny Bananas; 06-27-2009 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: clarification (i Hope)

Old 06-27-2009, 05:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
-It is who I am...
Thank you.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:08 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,845,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
What difference does it make?? (Hypothetically) Are you going to beat me up for supporting the Kansas Jayhawks while you are a Kansas State Wildcat fan?? I mean if I was to go to KSU, I most definitely would not wear a KU hat.

But I've been to KU and seen plenty of KSU hats. No difference.

Some people may throw a fit about it but it's just a hat. Unless you really want to rep your team!
It was a little joke. Whew. Relax. I don't care what hat you wear. I have no ties to Kansas anything so have a good time. It was a reference to Yankees vs. Red Sox where I live.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
It was a little joke. Whew. Relax. I don't care what hat you wear. I have no ties to Kansas anything so have a good time. It was a reference to Yankees vs. Red Sox where I live.
Yankees-Red Sox
Jayhawks-Wildcats

Same thing... BIG rivalries...

Though the major leagues would be a bit (just a bit) more harsh than colleges as far as what team you're repping. But a rivalry like Boston-NY is wayyyyy more instense than the governor's cup here in Kansas. I know you did not have anything against Kansas. I was just providing an example.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:10 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Last time I checked the Sun wasn't shining only over the US.
The sun shines inside baseball parks. Which I am guessing is why they are called baseball caps. Baseball players wear them to block the sun. They do a superb job. No fashion statement.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:13 AM

551 posts, read 1,924,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
When someone picks you up for dinner at 7, and never takes the freakin' hat off, even at the dang restaurant, I assure you it has nothing to do with being able to see. First, and LAST, date by the way.
Was that you I went out with? I kept the hat on to hide my identity because you were wearing a pink striped shirt and purple dotted pants. Plus, I never thought of Taco Bell as a restaurant.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOhFive View Post
Was that you I went out with? I kept the hat on to hide my identity because you were wearing a pink striped shirt and purple dotted pants. Plus, I never thought of Taco Bell as a restaurant.
Oh I assure you hon...definitely not me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty