U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 02:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,763,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Funny you should mention that. Yesterday I went grocery shopping and decided to get the purple Maybelline somebody recommended. I'm not sure if I got the right thing, though... the color of this one is more like magenta... Since they had a "buy 1 get 1 free" deal going, I looked at the other stuff. Generally I wouldn't want to get 2 black mascaras at the same time because they don't last and I was looking for a different color. Grocery stores usually don't have a good selection of these mascaras, but I found the original pink-and-green Maybelline in blue. Frankly, without being exceptional, this mascara IS better than many expensive one... Kudos to Maybelline for keeping their flagship product on the market no matter how many "new" miracles they come up with. It must have loyal customers!
yup! Im one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,080,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Have you experienced any of the side effects they mention; lid darkening, iris pigmentation change, etc.?
I would love to try that, but wonder if my eyes are too sensitive.
I have an auto-immune disorder called Sjogrens; makes my eyes very dry & sensitive to light & some cosmetics.
Nope no side effects here! I think side effects are the rare exception as opposed to the norm, at least for me! And I wear contacts and have fairly sensitive eyes, but of course apply Latisse at night after taking them out and have no issues.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 PM

42,837 posts, read 80,214,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Have you experienced any of the side effects they mention; lid darkening, iris pigmentation change, etc.?
I would love to try that, but wonder if my eyes are too sensitive.
I have an auto-immune disorder called Sjogrens; makes my eyes very dry & sensitive to light & some cosmetics.
I happened to read about it in a magazine today. Some of the side effects occur in 4% of the user, which in my book is a pretty healthy percentage. There are numerous other potential side effects... It's no different than Accutane, even though Accutane is probably a winner with about 2 pages of side effects. I can't speak for others, but I'd rather live with so-and-so skin and lashes than use any of those "miracles"! I have another rule - never touch anything not recommended for pregnant women.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:03 PM

7,763 posts, read 14,674,802 times
I loved Dior Maximeyes, but they discontinued it. (Dior Show is overrated. It's not bad, but I'm not impressed.)

Right now my go-to is Maybelline Full and Soft.

I've tried most of the mascaras mentioned in this thread and either I hated the brush (I'm picky about my brushes) or the formula just didn't work well on me.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:01 AM

10,632 posts, read 16,907,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I loved Dior Maximeyes, but they discontinued it. (Dior Show is overrated. It's not bad, but I'm not impressed.)

Right now my go-to is Maybelline Full and Soft.

I've tried most of the mascaras mentioned in this thread and either I hated the brush (I'm picky about my brushes) or the formula just didn't work well on me.
The brush on DiorShow is what really turned me off that product. It's way too big.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:23 AM

7,763 posts, read 14,674,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The brush on DiorShow is what really turned me off that product. It's way too big.
Same here. It's way too awkward. I felt Maximeyes formula was way better and the brush was a better size. It amazes me all the press DiorShow got/gets and how Maximeyes didn't get any considering it was better.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM

288 posts, read 770,904 times
Lash Blast

Old 07-03-2009, 02:10 AM

3,469 posts, read 7,276,264 times
Quote:
That's what I love about it.
I have large eyes, and a small brush takes forever to coat my lashes. The big brush means I can be done in a few swipes.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM

42,837 posts, read 80,214,024 times
Quote:
It is huge! I really like the little sample mascaras.

Btw, that magenta-color Maybelline I bought last week is pretty decent so far. I've bought the green one before. This one is volumizing, which I normally don't buy, but it does lengthen and curl some as well... Overall, it's OK.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:45 AM

111 posts, read 229,004 times
For me hands down the best mascara is Loreal Voluminous. It doesn't smudge or flake and it makes my lashes long and thick. I've tried all kinds of mascara that claim to be flake proof but none are as good as Voluminous. A close runner-up is L'Oreal Bare Naturale in Barely Black which I had picked up from a shopping guide recommendation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty