U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-15-2009, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Rural New Mexico
557 posts, read 2,357,755 times
Reputation: 339

Advertisements

Has anyone tried any of the Avon mascaras? I'm looking for a new one, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2009, 12:26 AM
 
8,415 posts, read 35,925,354 times
Reputation: 6295
I like NYX "regular" and "doll eyes volume formula". The dark brown they have is dark enough that it does not look off/too light on me. Rimmel "sexy curves" is another good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Tennessee bound...someday
2,515 posts, read 4,463,000 times
Reputation: 7120
I was getting a manicure Saturday & they had a sign up offering lash extensions for $30. The tech told me many women get them for special occasions & let them fall out one by one, rather than keeping them up. He said they typically last for 2 full weeks, with another 2 weeks or so of fall-out. This sounds easier on the eyes than the glue ripping out the lashes when you take the falsies off. Based on the previous posts about that happening, do you guys think this would be any easier on the lashes? A temporary "glammed" look might be just what I need!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 80,226,636 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
I was getting a manicure Saturday & they had a sign up offering lash extensions for $30. The tech told me many women get them for special occasions & let them fall out one by one, rather than keeping them up. He said they typically last for 2 full weeks, with another 2 weeks or so of fall-out. This sounds easier on the eyes than the glue ripping out the lashes when you take the falsies off. Based on the previous posts about that happening, do you guys think this would be any easier on the lashes? A temporary "glammed" look might be just what I need!
I dunno about such things, piper... I'd rather have at least my own remain there!

I think I'm past the age of that much glam. Come to think of it, I don't believe I ever was that age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 PM
 
Location: Tennessee bound...someday
2,515 posts, read 4,463,000 times
Reputation: 7120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I dunno about such things, piper... I'd rather have at least my own remain there!

I think I'm past the age of that much glam. Come to think of it, I don't believe I ever was that age.

LOL - I'm not sure I ever was...or if I could be now...but I do have an occasion coming up for which I would like to go all out. The weight is finally
starting to come off; heels & a dress are on the horizon. I've been in grubby work clothes for so long, it's nice to start thinking "girlie" again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 80,226,636 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
LOL - I'm not sure I ever was...or if I could be now...but I do have an occasion coming up for which I would like to go all out. The weight is finally
starting to come off; heels & a dress are on the horizon. I've been in grubby work clothes for so long, it's nice to start thinking "girlie" again.
Cool! Be pretty and have fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top