Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 10:17 AM

23 posts, read 73,610 times

Advertisements

The pills only work if your acnea is caused by problems with your ovaries. I have problem with acnea on my face and sometimes chest and back and I use two products : Benzoil Peroxide and Retin-A on the skin and azytromicine orally. I have a two months treatment with azytromicine 3 per week...it is a strong antibiotic superior to the eritromycin even though they are from the same class. And it works for me. My dermathologist told me that if this treatment doesn't works in the winter I can try Izotretinoil which is stronger. It is better if you treat it gradually and don't take the strongest treatment first because you might develop resistance to it and there is nothing stronger to try after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 09:42 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
Use black soap. Clears skin right up. Also use baby powder it keeps the skin dry and prevents oil buildup.
What is black soap? My husband has had acne for years and can't find anything that helps. He doesn't want to take any harsh medications considering he takes numerous prescription pills already. But, if I could find him a soap or wash he would use it.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:42 PM

559 posts, read 1,757,840 times
dont know if this product works on other acnes but face, but ACCUTANE is THE best stuff ive ever taken.
go to your doctor and learn about the wonders of accutane.

ps. dont take if you are pregnant.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 PM

64 posts, read 232,946 times
http://www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/321056.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ech86 View Post
I have acne on my chest and this makes me very self-conscious about wearing low-cut tops. And if anyone were to ever see me topless, I'm afraid they would run away at the site of my chest! Any suggestions on what I can use to get rid of it? I've tried Proactive's bath wash and Neutrogena's body scrub (both of which are made from salicylic acid). Would I be better off going with something that uses benzoyl peroxide instead? I haven't seen a body wash made of b.p. though, only s.a. I have acne on my face too, but I can at least cover it up with makeup. I'm 23 by the way.
Go see a dermatologist, and ask them for prescription medication. There is a great medication out there called Solodyn that really works. It's an anti biotic especially for the skin and the treatment of bad acne.

No doctor would place a 23 year old on Retin A, there are severe side effects to it, to include possible birth defects.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM

809 posts, read 3,570,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
No doctor would place a 23 year old on Retin A, there are severe side effects to it, to include possible birth defects.
I think you mean Accutane, not Retin-A. Accutane can cause severe birth defects. They will give it to a 23 year old - depending on the situation. But they go over all the risks and what precautions you have to take. It is a big deal that you not get pregnant while on it.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Indeed Accutane has a huge list of severe side effects on each system of your body so be careful when you make the decision to take it because you might get some other problems to solve including those with your neurological system!
I found something about the black soap:
"Black Soap, also known as African Black Soap (Anago Soap, Alata Simena,or Ose Dudu), has long been used to heal problem skin. Its good for thinning fine lines, evening out dark spots, eczema, razor bumps and eliminating blemishes. It is also used to lightly exfoliate and give you healthier looking skin. The soap can also be used on your body or hair or for oily skin, dry skin, skin rashes, scalp irritations, body odors and is good for sensitive skin. There are many other claims to the benefits of black soap, which may be proven/disproven by the user.
The plantain skins give the soap Vitamin A & E, and iron. Because the soap has the highest shea butter content of any soap, it also offers UV protection. The soap is also good for sensitive skin, meaning its a good option for babies or the elderly. Some people with caffeine sensitivities may need to test out soap that contains cocoa pods as there is some evidence that the caffeine can be transmitted through contact with the skin."

Old 07-07-2009, 03:52 PM

114 posts, read 340,190 times
Accutane has been removed from the market.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 PM

Really?! In Romania is still on the market but I guess that here s*** is allowed to happen...

Old 07-07-2009, 05:57 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
What kind of acne is it?
Inflammatory (red, painful bumps, sometimes w/white puss) or comedal (tiny skin colored bumps)?

Check acne.org, which has a good system for skin (face & body) and product reccomendations.

For bad inflammatory acne, try benzoyl peroxide products and leave it on the skin. Washes are useless because you rinse it off too fast. Use a gentle wash and a non-comedogenic moisturizer too, to combat the drying & irritation from the medicated benzoyl peroxide. Over treating can make things worse. If that doesn't work, then see a dermatologist.

For comedal, an alpha hydroxy (gycolic or lactic acid) and salycic acid (beta hydroxy) are good because they exfoliate and clear the clogged pores. Try an astringent with salycic acid or a body lotion with alpha hydroxy. Use it twice a day after cleasning with a gentle wash & then follow with a non-comedogenic moisturizer (cetaphil is great). I suggest this first, even for inflamed acne, because it's less irritating than benzoyl peroxide.

You might use an exfoliating body wash sometimes too...I really like one by Peter Thomas Roth (sold at Sephora) because it has both alpha & beta hydroxies. Even if you don't have acne, it keeps skin smooth.

Avoid: lotions & body washes with fragrance & dyes & unneccessary filler ingredients, fabric softner on your clothes, and try and wear natural, breathable fabrics on hot days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty