U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM

8,321 posts, read 13,699,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
But doesn't it make you feel kind of... fraudulent, to wear basically fake boobs?
I prefer to call them magic boobs Take off the bra and the boobies magically disappear! *cough* Sorry.

I've got a few friends that wear padded bras, for a few of them, it's the only way that they can actually fill out a shirt properly. What I find strangely humorous is that those many people blessed with larger chests try to appear smaller; yet many people blessed with smaller chests try to appear bigger. I'm not saying all, just many.

Because we all know the girl who is proud of her mosquito bites, just as we know the girl who is proud of the double black eyes she gets by speed walking to her car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,839,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
I've yet to find a comfortable strapless bra, but the bras that have removable straps are handy since they can usually be turned into a halter bra. Some bras also have a little clip on the straps in the back so you can hook them together so the straps aren't visible when wearing a racerback tank.
I always HATED wearing a strapless because they were almost painful. I've bought several from all different stores from expensive to moderate. I can not wear ANY bra from Victoria Secrets at all. I think they are more for the smaller chested women as I've heard the same complaints from friends as well that are larger than a B cup. The best strapless bras that I have found that fit perfect, don't fall down or ride up, don't roll up into a knot and don't dig into my skin are from Target. I never would have thought so but I've become convinced now.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 PM

3,543 posts, read 8,115,539 times
I agee, most strapless bras are uncomfortable and those criss cross ones are just too complicated and a pain to put on for me - I also dont like those clear straps - people can still see them and they look tacky (just my opinion)

I wish I was not so "blessed" and could wear those little tops.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM

12,460 posts, read 18,509,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
You need to go live in France for a while.
Why? Thats not the only place you would see that. Sense you must live on the north pole ( somewhere really cold ) maybe you should go too.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:12 PM

12,460 posts, read 18,509,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Question to the ladies here who wear padded bras, inserts, etc:

Please don't take offense, I'm just curious.
Now, I have small boobs too; I'm a small person. I'd look weird with big boobs.
But doesn't it make you feel kind of... fraudulent, to wear basically fake boobs?
I mean, once you take your shirt off in front of somebody, they're going to know.
Worse, they're going to know you were wearing fake ones, which could point to a kind of insecurity I'd rather not be associated with, personally.
I'd much prefer that everyone know I have small boobs, than that people know I'm wearing fake ones.

Have you ever had a negative reaction from a guy when you took off this "padded" thing?

To me, it's just... well, what would you think if a guy was wearing some underwear with a rolled-up sock in the crotch, or even some underwear with "built-in padding"?
What would you think when he took it off?
Wouldn't it be a turn-off (no matter how big or small his "junk" actually was) to know he was insecure enough about his size that he had to wear padding?
Padded bras are not the same as fake boobs. It gives people more confidences and it looks better, I think anyways. Padded bras also shapes your boobs and make them a little rounder. Prefect if they just hang like small almost empty sand bags.
And when it comes to the bedroom. By the time the guy has you naked I really don't think he cares that much. Unless he is a jerk.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:37 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I always HATED wearing a strapless because they were almost painful. I've bought several from all different stores from expensive to moderate. I can not wear ANY bra from Victoria Secrets at all. I think they are more for the smaller chested women as I've heard the same complaints from friends as well that are larger than a B cup. The best strapless bras that I have found that fit perfect, don't fall down or ride up, don't roll up into a knot and don't dig into my skin are from Target. I never would have thought so but I've become convinced now.
I'm smaller chested and everyone tells me to try VS bras but they're way too expensive for me! Most of my bras come from Wal-Mart or Rue21 and they're really comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I agee, most strapless bras are uncomfortable and those criss cross ones are just too complicated and a pain to put on for me - I also dont like those clear straps - people can still see them and they look tacky (just my opinion)

I wish I was not so "blessed" and could wear those little tops.
the ones that clip on the staps that look like they criss-cross--I can't get them on or off without nearly pulling a muscle!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:00 AM

3,469 posts, read 7,268,760 times
I have several strapless bras. Yes, they are not very comfortable, but I don't want my bra straps showing and I won't go braless in public. By the end of the day it feels like little teeth have been digging into my skin to keep the darn thing up.... and yet, I am tugging at it all day. I technically need a 30 band size, but since that is near impossible to find I go with 32, which means it's loose....

I find the VS biofit strapless bra pretty decent as far as comfort goes...it feels "cushiony" in the band. I had to go up a cup size though, as it runs small in the cup, but luckily it's also a smaller in the band than VS bras usually are (I find they usually run large in the band).

Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 AM

517 posts, read 2,304,930 times
I've worn strapless bras, clear straps, and built in bras and there are pros and cons to all of them. What I find weird is that younger women and girls are simply wearing regular bras and letting their straps show- in an obvious way. Like regular straps with a racerback tank. I've even seen girls wearing regular bras with tube tops (which shows not only the straps but the top of the cups as well). I don't care how pretty your bra is, I don't really want to see that much of it, personally. I'm not sure exactly how this trend started or why but it certainly makes me feel old-fashioned, and just plain old as I think "Kids today...."

Old 07-02-2009, 03:31 PM

161 posts, read 524,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBo View Post
I've worn strapless bras, clear straps, and built in bras and there are pros and cons to all of them. What I find weird is that younger women and girls are simply wearing regular bras and letting their straps show- in an obvious way. Like regular straps with a racerback tank. I've even seen girls wearing regular bras with tube tops (which shows not only the straps but the top of the cups as well). I don't care how pretty your bra is, I don't really want to see that much of it, personally. I'm not sure exactly how this trend started or why but it certainly makes me feel old-fashioned, and just plain old as I think "Kids today...."
I would never let my bra straps show! I think it's so distasteful. Everytime I wear a normal tanktop I keep pushing my bra straps in so no part of them is hanging out. I don't understand why people show their straps. Maybe I'm just too self-conscious about it.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,743,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ech86 View Post
Padded bras are a must for me! I would never dream of wearing a bra without padding. You have inserts for your sports bra? Are those something you can buy? How do attach them to the sports bra?
I bought them at Target. It was like $25 and comes in an A/B cup or C/D cup. They are soft and flesh colored and have some type of fluid or gel in them. Without getting too graphic, because of the shape of the insert, I can fit it snugly between my breast and bra and it fills the bra out perfectly into a full B. Same with a sports bra. I don't have to actually attach it to anything. I can do downward dog during yoga, and as long as the sports bra fits correctly (not too loose), those babies never fall out.

Quote:
Question to the ladies here who wear padded bras, inserts, etc:

Please don't take offense, I'm just curious.
Now, I have small boobs too; I'm a small person. I'd look weird with big boobs.
I mean, once you take your shirt off in front of somebody, they're going to know.
Worse, they're going to know you were wearing fake ones, which could point to a kind of insecurity I'd rather not be associated with, personally.
I'd much prefer that everyone know I have small boobs, than that people know I'm wearing fake ones.

Have you ever had a negative reaction from a guy when you took off this "padded" thing?

To me, it's just... well, what would you think if a guy was wearing some underwear with a rolled-up sock in the crotch, or even some underwear with "built-in padding"?
What would you think when he took it off?
Wouldn't it be a turn-off (no matter how big or small his "junk" actually was) to know he was insecure enough about his size that he had to wear padding?
I'm married, so this isn't an issue for me. However, because of my size and build, it's abundantly obvious that I'm not well endowed. So I've worn padded bras during my dating years and it was never an issue. With the inserts, I wouldn't wear them on a date if I were planning on taking my clothes off. I don't always wear the inserts; just on days that I think it would look better if I had a full B going, not a barely B. (I would look silly in anything larger than a B. A padded bra AND the insert together is too big.) It's no more fraudulent than bottle blondes, weaves, and $10,000 saline implants. For me, it's not insecurity. I'm just tired of being 33 and mistaken for 16. And it's the summer. I want to look sexy, dammit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty