U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 PM

65 posts, read 210,902 times

Advertisements

I need to add some more style into my business casual wardrobe...

Shoes

Dark Brown slip on - Rockport
Medium Brown lace up - Pikolinos
Light brown slip on - J&M
Black slip on - Cole Haan
Black lace up - kohls brand?

Should I add another brown shoe into my choices?
What about black?
I think I might need a good black lace up that is not too dressy?

Button Shirts
I need some serious help here. BB has 3 shirts for $157 or something like that. I need to invest in some good shirts. I've got 3 TH that I really like, the quality is nice.

Polos
2 IZOD (blue and green)
1 CK (white, grey strips)

I really hate Burberry, Lacoste and Polo. Everyone seems to have those.
What else should I get? What colors too?

Pants
All of my pants suck. I've got 2 nice ones from the men's warehouse, one a dark grey and blue pattern and another grey with light white pinstripes. Who makes good pants? CK seem really tight around the waist and crotch area. Perry Ellis? Also, what colors?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 PM

10,863 posts, read 26,909,925 times
For shoes, at least if you're me, you can never have too many. I noticed that you didn't mention cordovan shoes on your list, and I might recommend a pair, say a kiltie or tassel loafer, as opposed to another pair in brown. For a black shoe, perhaps you could find a streamlined cap-toe lace up that's not too dressy.

Brooks Brothers does have a good selection of workhorse shirts that do tend to last, outside of Turnbull & Asser or Charvet territory. Some Ralph Lauren shirts are also very good, many without logos. Charles Tyrwhitt and Thomas Pink are also worth a look as would be Joseph Turner.

For polos, look to J. Crew, Sunspel, or Hugo Boss if you don't like Lacoste or Polo. I'd round out with light blues, whites, reds, greys, etc. in a mix of patterns and solids.

For pants, Bonobos are argubly one of the best fitting off-the-rack pants on the market. I'd also check out J. Crew offerings and those of Ralph Lauren, though it depends upon cut and body type as to the best fit. I'd have navy, dark khaki, light khaki, grey, charcoal, and black for basics. I'd also mix in some stripes or checks for variety in the same color schemes, since they can work with a variety of shirts.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:04 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,088,690 times
Focus on fit as much as possible, which will add lightyears to your look irregardless of the brand. bmwguys post was very good (+1 rep), so my two cents.

Pants: Plain front, no pleats please. Black, charcoal gray, dark navy slacks and khaki Chino should cover the basics. Start of with J Crew or Banana.

Polos: Slightly fitted, shorter sleaves, so you dont look like Tony Soprano, or an amateur golf pro. Brooks has some pretty good polos, and have a slim fitting one you should try out.

Shirts: I've had luck with J Crew, Brooks (slim fit). Charles Tyrwhitt is pretty good though it runs a tad big on me (though im a skinny person). H&M has stylish and cheap shirts.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:33 AM

19,020 posts, read 26,053,332 times
Shoes
You can actually fetch something not so flashy with Sketchers.

Button Shirts
You can try Express. They have great casual shirts.

Polos
Again, Polos in Express are top class. Abercrombie+Fitch is great as well.

Pants
Tight pants for the fit guys. Express again. They have their producer pants which are like top notch.

In all, you can take a trip to Express

It's been my most favourite clothes place, apart from AE and Abercrombie+Fitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or