U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:52 PM

5,008 posts, read 7,995,346 times

Advertisements

I use that Clinique Even Better Foundation...it evens out my skin tone. I line the top of my eyelids very close to the lashes with brown pencil. No longer do I line the tops and the bottoms (I still see a few women do this and it just looks "hard"). I use a Lorac lipstick called "Posh." I switch off between power blush and cream blush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 03:18 PM

263 posts, read 673,112 times
i haven't worn make-up much since i got married 25 years ago. my husband liked the natural look. on a night out, i will still wear mascara.

Old 07-08-2009, 05:55 PM

985 posts, read 2,384,196 times
I used to wear ultra shiny red lipgloss, pink blushes, natural toned (browns & beiges) eyeshadows, and natural looking mascara, in my early & mid teens. During the first couple years of college I wore slightly tinted lip balms, more natural coral/ brown colored blush, and no eyeshadow or mascara. Around age 20 I stopped wearing makeup altogether. I have recently been thinking about wearing a bit of blush and lip balm, or gloss, again but I'm cheap and keep putting off buying any. I miss wearing a bit of makeup but I don't know why.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM

18,434 posts, read 30,110,912 times
Lets see. Early 90's pink and purple shadow, black eyeliner, black mascara, blush, foundation, cover up, lip gloss.

To now.... nothing.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:33 PM

37,232 posts, read 43,574,739 times
More natural at 32 than when I wore it in my teens. Back then, it was like jewelry...the intent was to be obvious. Kinda outgrew that. Now it's minimal and very, very neutral. Something that subtly enhances with as few products as possible...back in the day, it was about a slew of products, and I wanted it to be noticeable. Tastes change. And 80s-early 90s makeup trends were not the same as they are now.

Hmmm, seems to be a trend that as we grow up, we "cosmeticize" less, eh?

Old 07-09-2009, 01:10 AM

15,569 posts, read 37,110,758 times
I have always changed up my makeup routine. Sometimes I wear eyeliner, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I go bold (I can because I have black hair) and sometimes I like a more natural look. It really depends on my mood and what I'm wearing. I can go to work all week and each day have a different makeup look each day.

Old 07-09-2009, 04:16 AM

111 posts, read 229,024 times
I used to only wear lipgloss on a daily basis but now I wear some eyeliner or black eyeshadow(as liner) daily.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:12 AM

1,107 posts, read 2,639,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I have definitely gone for a more "natural" look as I've gotten older.

I have as well. I still wear makeup, but not as much as I did when I was younger. I have large eyes which people say is my best facial feature, so I do use soft eyeliner and smudge it to define them, along with some mascara. I don't do blush anymore, never wore lip liner. I do the basic eye makeup, mineral foundation and lipstick.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM

3,850 posts, read 6,873,905 times
ha ha! the gals at the make up counter just don't trust me when I say "don't use blush or eyeshadow on me!" and they're like "no, I can make it work!", and lo and behold, I look like RuPaul!!!

and those artificial, mall overhead lights don't help, either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly01 View Post
Yeah I once went to a make-up artist and uhhhhh yeah. When I went home my husband freeked our and thought I got in a fight and had 2 black eyes.

Old 07-09-2009, 09:20 AM

22,165 posts, read 23,772,061 times
I would find a cosmetics company whose philosophy espouses what you are looking for then find the makeup counter for that company....For me, it's Bobbi Brown - they generally support a very fresh faced, more "natural" look...I've always been pleased when I come away. I've even had them do my DD's makeup for prom, senior pics etc. I have never been disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty