Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM

3,973 posts, read 7,673,763 times

Advertisements

When I was younger, (after seeing photos of myself) I was all about the real defined lip-liner, shimmery rose/beige lipstick, lots of eyeliner and foundation. But lately, I love the nude lip look. I wear very little makeup since my skin is oily, it just slides off my face in about 15 mins anyway, so I just use a light powder, mascara (no eyeliner) and a sheer, nude lip gloss. I think it makes me look even younger.
what about you ladies? has your makeup looks changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,368,994 times
I have definitely gone for a more "natural" look as I've gotten older. The heavy eye makeup etc from my 20's would look ridiculous now...of course that was the 80's and a popular look then....along with "big hair" and shoulder pads!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM

so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I have definitely gone for a more "natural" look as I've gotten older. The heavy eye makeup etc from my 20's would look ridiculous now...of course that was the 80's and a popular look then....along with "big hair" and shoulder pads!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,922,766 times
I experimented with eyeliner as a young teen; I just use it for big events now.
I do tint my eyelashes, began that about 7 years ago.
I never used lipstick until age 40.
I use it fairly regularly now at 54.
I've never used foundation.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM

I hate foundation! and so does my skin! I have yet to find a decent face makeup, so I just use a blotting powder.
i have never been able to wear red lipstick, or blush, or eye shadow. Once, I had one of those makeup-counter makeovers, and I ended up looking like Ronald McDonald!! Color on my eyes and cheeks just does not look good on me, never has, never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I experimented with eyeliner as a young teen; I just use it for big events now.
I do tint my eyelashes, began that about 7 years ago.
I never used lipstick until age 40.
I use it fairly regularly now at 54.
I've never used foundation.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:56 AM

41,781 posts, read 74,795,954 times
I started wearing contact lenses when I was 31 years old, and quit wearing eye makeup probably a day or two after that. The only thing I'll wear now on my eyes is some occasional eyeliner and clear gel mascara. Anything else is a major irritant.

Other than that, not much in the way of change. The lipstick colors have varied over the years with my changing tastes and changing fashion. I still wear foundation and blush only: a) in winter; 2) when I'm feeling lousy and need a boost.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:09 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,365,291 times
I really haven't changed much, other than that I don't wear bold color lipstick/lip gloss anymore (once I get my teeth bleached, I'll start wearing color again, but the whole bleaching process is going to be a project and cost me a pretty penny because of some front caps.)

I've always admired Kevyn Aucoin's work (since high school...LOVED "The Nakeds"!!!!!) and felt his work was pretty timeless.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,944,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
what about you ladies? has your makeup looks changed?
Oh yeah. At 48 now, the highlight I used to use under my brow bone now just emphasizes the droop starting on my lids - so that's out. I never used brow pencil before - and now that is in & makes a huge difference. It's a softer, brush-like effect. I'm pretty busy and work outside & on the road, so foundation in the summer is out. But I've been using Olay Total Effects Moisturizer with a "touch" of color. It's still somewhat of a foundation, IMO, just not as heavy. But I do love it.

I miss the glossy lips I wore in the past - now they make me look like I'm trying to pass off for 30. Still on the hunt for a great lip product. One product I would recommend to anyone is Garnier Eye Roll-on. It feels soooo good on tired eyes. When you first put it on, you're thinking, "yeah? big deal". Then about 10 minutes later, the puffy, tired look is gone. I swear that stuff is making me look years younger!

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,039,984 times
I was an avid lipstick wearer until about 9 years ago. That's when I started glossin' it up. I think I have an addiction to lip gloss, especially MAC lip gloss/lip glass.

When I used to wear lipstick, it would always be some bright color like a bright red or bright pink. Now, I'm more into nude's or very sheer lip colored gloss on my lips.

Never was a fan of lip liner until about 9 year ago, either. Now, I refuse to wear lip gloss UNLESS I outline my lips with lip liner first. I try to buy a liner that comes as close as a much to my lip gloss as possible.

Eye shadow is now something I like to wear. I didn't start getting into eye shadow until the last several years. I know how mix and match all the funky colors and make them blend in and things of that nature now. When I'm at work, I usually wear a neutral color eyeshadow, though. I only do the funky colors when I go out to party.

I'm a big fan of false eyelashes, too. Since mascara seems to irritate my contact lenses, I've become quite the fan of false eyelashes. Again, I only put them on when I'm about to go out with the girls or on a date. I never wear them to work.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:41 PM

36 posts, read 79,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I hate foundation! and so does my skin! I have yet to find a decent face makeup, so I just use a blotting powder.
i have never been able to wear red lipstick, or blush, or eye shadow. Once, I had one of those makeup-counter makeovers, and I ended up looking like Ronald McDonald!! Color on my eyes and cheeks just does not look good on me, never has, never will.

Yeah I once went to a make-up artist and uhhhhh yeah. When I went home my husband freeked our and thought I got in a fight and had 2 black eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty