Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Gee......You mean that you are missin` out?!
The way that you so eloquently described your fellow (but scantily clad) customers at your local Walmart makes me inclined to want to take a look, for the purposes of reporting my findings back to CD, of course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 08:34 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
The way that you so eloquently described your fellow (but scantily clad) customers at your local Walmart makes me inclined to want to take a look, for the purposes of reporting my findings back to CD, of course
Well......here now honey. Maybe you should take a good hard look at your (scantily) local supermarket....or local Walmart. You will see them!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Quote:
Well......here now honey. Maybe you should take a good hard look at your (scantily) local supermarket....that is...if you shop?
I do and I do go to Walmart occasionally (when it's least busy), but I guess the Walmarts in my neighborhood aren't quite as exciting as yours!

Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I do and I do go to Walmart occasionally (when it's least busy), but I guess the Walmarts in my neighborhood aren't quite as exciting as yours!
Hmm... Guess not. Try your local gas station.
Better yet, try the next town over.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,892,322 times
Quote:
When I go to Walmart, or to the grocery store, I would think that I was at the beach! Where is the clothing to cover up "bottoms, and tops" nowdays? Some of these mini skirts and short shorts, are soo short, if they was to fart, everyone could see what they had!
Everyone knows that women don't fart.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
It is revolting that these mothers buy their daughters such trashy clothes. Do they not realize, or just not care, that these girls look like whores?
Wow, whores? really? You know that the clothes you wore at some point was considered untasteful. My question is why do you look if you dont like it. Also, how do we know where they are going or what they are doing. Maybe they are going to a BBQ with a pool or are going to the beach or are coming back from those places. Do you really expect people to go home and change and then drive all the way back to the store?

In regards the the "slutty" clothing (not my words)...who cares...are their privates covered up?

Also, if a man walked into a store with a see thru tank top or no shirt at all, and was in good shape you would not think anything of it. So why do we make women cover up their tops? After all they are just nipples and if they are intamate then why do we allow men to expose them?

Old 07-09-2009, 12:06 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Oh, it gets worse! I see ladies in church dressed like that. CHURCH!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 12:07 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,766,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Wow, whores? really? You know that the clothes you wore at some point was considered untasteful. My question is why do you look if you dont like it. Also, how do we know where they are going or what they are doing. Maybe they are going to a BBQ with a pool or are going to the beach or are coming back from those places. Do you really expect people to go home and change and then drive all the way back to the store?
How hard is it to wear a shirt in public and then take it off at the party?

Quote:
In regards the the "slutty" clothing (not my words)...who cares...are their privates covered up?

Also, if a man walked into a store with a see thru tank top or no shirt at all, and was in good shape you would not think anything of it. So why do we make women cover up their tops? After all they are just nipples and if they are intamate then why do we allow men to expose them?
It's a societal norm that women's breasts should not be exposed (except breastfeeding). I don't think I've ever seen a man, nicely built or not, in a store with no shirt or a see-through shirt. Lots of places have a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy.

I don't walk around in public wearing a bikini swimsuit, and I would appreciate the females not doing the same. It's just common decency which seems to be less common these days.

Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,428 times
Quote:
It is revolting that these mothers buy their daughters such trashy clothes. Do they not realize, or just not care, that these girls look like whores?
I agree with you 100%. It's disgusting that a mother would not only allow, but encourage her daughter to dress that way.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Lots of places have a "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy.
Pants? Optional.

Personally, people can wear whatever they want. They'll just have zero room to complain if and when people ogle at their "special places". *shrug*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty