U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM

2,304 posts, read 3,270,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I must fess up, I bought a Couch bag, that stores my I-Pad in a separate compartment. I've always liked their leather purses.
"Couch bag?" Now I know you bought a counterfeit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:02 PM

255 posts, read 760,078 times
I HATE THEM.
to each their own, but who wants to be carrying a bag with a bunch of cs on it all the time. SICK OF IT. Time to bust out OTHER brands!!!
AMEN>

Old 07-19-2010, 02:04 PM

255 posts, read 760,078 times
Almost every woman in Providence owns one as well. A coach bag, with tons of eyeliner and dunkin donuts iced latte in one hand is the usual scene around these parts. LOL

Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM

944 posts, read 1,798,351 times
So, if Coach is tired and has gone downhill (and I agree it seems like everyone has one), then what's a good, high-quality alternative in the same price range that people should buy instead? Suggestions along this line would definitely make the thread worthwhile.

Old 07-19-2010, 03:45 PM

2,304 posts, read 3,270,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
So, if Coach is tired and has gone downhill (and I agree it seems like everyone has one), then what's a good, high-quality alternative in the same price range that people should buy instead? Suggestions along this line would definitely make the thread worthwhile.
Cole Haan. They're known for their shoes, but their bags are also nice.

Brahmin sells some very classy handbags....

Old 07-19-2010, 05:29 PM

677 posts, read 1,462,975 times
I think that they're tacky. I've never understood trends, though. Where's the fun in having the same exact things as everyone else?

Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 AM

37,223 posts, read 43,448,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I , too buy better quality items (clothing and accessories) for the durability and excellent service from the designers. I am blind and my husband laughs hysterically when he sees some trashy female carrying a "Goach" purse. Knock off are offensive and do not fool anyone (I can touch a purse and feel the quality of the leather and metal work) and they are an insult to the designers.

How sad that there are people who are willing to be the object of ridicule in their idiotic pursuit of status.
How sad that there are people who really find label whoredom to be indicative of class.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 AM

37,223 posts, read 43,448,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle View Post
Where's the fun in having the same exact things as everyone else?
This.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:03 AM

436 posts, read 1,221,275 times
I own a couple of Coach bags. I bought one in Ann Arbor MI on sale at Parisian (it's a dept store) and one at an outlet mall between Indianapolis and Louisville. Neither location is remotely close to Dallas. Both bags are well made and have held up. I'm not into the bags with the little Cs all over b/c it's just not my style.

I also just can't believe how many people are walking around wearing Levi's or Hanes or Nike or I could go on and on. Coach isn't the only brand that's mass marketed. Plus better to spend money on something well made than something cheap that will fall apart and need to be replaced.

And, yes, I live in Dallas so I guess that makes me one of those annoying Dallas people who spend money on designer items. Though no $30,000 millionaire here. Shame on me for liking, being able to afford and buying nice things (even on sale)! :-)

Old 07-20-2010, 01:25 PM

1,740 posts, read 3,258,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabula Rasa View Post
How sad that there are people who really find label whoredom to be indicative of class.
If you are truly responding to my post then you have COMPLETELY missed the entire point of my comments. One should buy the best quality that they can reasonably afford because the quality is there and one will get the most wear out of the item.

When people buy 'fakes' they are attempting to be a part of a trend and to attempt to appear to afford an item that they cannot. THIS is sad since there are a great many items that are reasonably priced and serviceable that would not make a person a figure of fun.

There are a great many people who have more money than class while many people with innate style and grace have minimal funds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty