U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:35 PM

27,321 posts, read 64,846,740 times

Advertisements

A phone in my hand, a ket to my car and a couple of security cards all fit in my pockets. Everything else is in my wallet. Why would I need a purse? However sometimes I do carry my wifes or daughter's purse to give them a break. Does that make it a man purse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 03:42 PM

2,043 posts, read 4,554,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
A phone in my hand, a ket to my car and a couple of security cards all fit in my pockets. Everything else is in my wallet. Why would I need a purse? However sometimes I do carry my wifes or daughter's purse to give them a break. Does that make it a man purse?
You're a nice guy because most men I know want NOTHING to do with a woman's purse. I remember I asked a male friend, to hold my purse, while I used an outdoor port-a-potty and he held it, but hesitated like crazy at first. The way he held on to the purse, you would have thought the purse had some type of incurable disease....You should have seen the look of DISGUST on his face. I know he couldn't wait until I came out of that port-a-potty.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:51 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,486,981 times
isnt recess over? get back to class.

as times change some of our practices dont. we still need containers to carry our belongings.

there has been an evolution from briefcase to back pack to messenger bag to the smaller, over the shoulder bag.

it has nothing, NOTHING, to do with gay or straight.

i personally dont have any of those containers. all i have in my pockets are Carmex, keys, lighter, change. oh and my wallet in the back. in the past when i have needed to carry books or papers i just grab a shopping bag. paper or plastic. anything foldable or collapsable. and i take the train and bus. if i needed to transport bigger stuff i would possibly use that nice big lacoste bag (if it wasnt so expensive).

times change folks. trends change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
You should only be carrying a backpack if you're going to school and I see quite a few guys carrying man purses and I automatically think GAY!

Here's are some picks of various male celebs and every day guys carrying them:

man purses - Google Image Search

Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM

182 posts, read 452,363 times
I bring a backpack to work everyday. I ride a motorcycle and don't have room to put a whole lot of stuff. I often stop by a grocery store on the way to work, to pick up lunch or what not--this way I don't waste plastic bags. My backpack holds my rain gear, gaiters, lunch, heavy shirt (ride home at night-chilly), lighter, leatherman etc. I need saddle bags I guess. Even when I drive my truck to work I still bring my backpack, habit I suppose. I guess I could bring a lunch pail to work, like everyone else.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:06 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,055,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling_nurse View Post
The manscaping thread made me think about how many men I see carrying backpacks over one shoulder and "man purses" (for lack of a better word - what the heck are they called anyway?) They are everywhere in the under 35 crowd here. I see Ipods being pulled out of them, but have to wonder what else is in there? Has anyone else noticed this trend?
Yes...I'm guilty as charged, I'm always carrying a messenger bag. And just because a guy wears one does not mean they are "gay". Thats about the craziest thing I've ever heard... Seems like a guy cant do anything these days without the risk of being labeled "gay".

Last edited by Interpol76; 07-15-2009 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-15-2009, 04:09 PM

28,905 posts, read 47,584,164 times
What about computer bags? Does that count?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:14 PM

41,712 posts, read 41,209,627 times
This "F@@ Bag" thing as I've always heard it called must be a thing with younger guys in there 20's, cause I just saw a trendy, gq, metro sexual type of guy leave my office with something that looks sorta like it could be a purse.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:15 PM

16,224 posts, read 22,943,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This "F@@ Bag" thing as I've always heard it called must be a thing with younger guys in there 20's, cause I just saw a trendy, gq, metro sexual type of guy leave my office with something that looks sorta like it could be a purse.
Bha ha ha ha !!!!!

1,389 posts, read 3,161,413 times
All of my stuff goes in my pockets, or it does not go at all. Unless I am hiking/camping, or have my DSLR camera along. Then stuff might go in a backpack or camera bag.

2,191 posts, read 4,270,977 times
I have a very expensive nice backpack I use when hiking around mountains. Outside of that I usually carry the essentials only like keys and a wallet. I am trying to just do keys and like a credit card now because as I get older my clothes are starting to actually fit me and a wallet sticking out kind of distracts from my figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty