U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:22 AM

917 posts, read 2,116,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa3 View Post
Avon's waterproof Glimmersticks are great! The eyeliner goes on easily and lasts all day without smudging. It's all I use.
This is quite true! They are really good and inexpensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM

8,415 posts, read 35,913,573 times
You need to set it with powder if you have oily skin or use heavy face creams. Eyeshadow works fine.
Try a face primer as well. It keeps make-up in place and makes it last.

Old 07-22-2009, 02:03 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,377,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You need to set it with powder if you have oily skin or use heavy face creams. Eyeshadow works fine.
Try a face primer as well. It keeps make-up in place and makes it last.
I usually use a big blush brush to powder my face and include my eyelids and under my eyes before I put on any eyeshadow or eyeliner. I have never had any problems with smearing - and I do use moisturizer around my eyes before I put the powder on. I used to use Mary Kay eyeliner, but ran out and ended up buying a Maybelline one at the store that I really like! It goes on very smooth and stays put!!

Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 AM

111 posts, read 228,985 times
Try MAC they are awesome! Their product lasts a long time. They can also give you good tips on how to apply it.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:32 AM

2,550 posts, read 4,094,288 times
I use the Maybelline Expert Eyes (it's real cheap). I've used it for years and it works well on me. I like a little bit smudged, but not runny.

But normally, I save the eyeliner for when I have a date or I'm going out at night to go dancing or hanging out with friends. During the day I just wear some mascara and a little bit of eyeshadow, but that's it.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:00 AM

15 posts, read 55,127 times
if you go over the eyeliner with a very thin line of eyeshadow, it will be impossible to smudge. as proof, i can tell you i have gone swimming using walmart's cheapest pencil liner with a layer of HIP eyeshadow over it and it stays put.Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:24 AM..

Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM

114 posts, read 313,502 times
try smashbox or bobbi brown

Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 PM

3,469 posts, read 7,275,695 times
Two products I highly recommend:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Awesome stuff that keeps eye makeup in place.
MAC Liquidlast liner - Once the liner dries, it does not come off. A liquid liner is almost always going to last better.

You'll need an oil based makeup remover to take both of those off. Natural jojoba oil works well too.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 AM

809 posts, read 3,248,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa3 View Post
Avon's waterproof Glimmersticks are great! The eyeliner goes on easily and lasts all day without smudging. It's all I use.
I also agree with this. And they often go on sale. MAC also offers a really good waterproof liner.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 AM

809 posts, read 3,248,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Two products I highly recommend:

Urban Decay Primer Potion - Awesome stuff that keeps eye makeup in place.
MAC Liquidlast liner - Once the liner dries, it does not come off. A liquid liner is almost always going to last better.

You'll need an oil based makeup remover to take both of those off. Natural jojoba oil works well too.

Really great suggestions! I love the UD Primer Potion. I makes my eyeshadow last longer without creases and makes the color more vibrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty